Brad's Up

Nice set-up, Brad!
I can't see the equipment too well in that fuzzy pic, though. :(
What's in that rack, bro?
Also, I can't make out what kind of acoustic guitar that is... do tell. ;)

Buck

And yet another one...

Hey nice looking setup Brad. Thanks for sending your pics to put on our site! With the addition of every new site the strenth of the site grows synergistically.

The hits are just going up like crazy lately too, I like that :)

Later,
-Brian

Thanks guys!

Hey! Thanks for posting my pics, John! Sorry the quality of photos aren't that great (My camera is a piece o' crap).

Bruce: My carpet and eggcrate walls thank you :)

Buck: Thanks man, sorry for the fuzziness - the rack on the left is mostly my old guitar set up (Semi - retired when I got the POD) mostly Scholz Rockman modules, some old crappy EQ's and some old crappy delays. I would sell most of the stuff I don't use, but then my paychecks would disappear - you guys know, an empty rack space will haunt you until it is filled :) - the only equipment I still use in that rack is my patchbay, a Lexicon Alex reverb and four Juice Goose conditioners.

The rack near the mixer is holding my TASCAM gear - DA-38 & CD-RW 5000.

And that acoustic is a Martin DM. My first Martin. It is not their top of the line by any means, but it will do for now.

Thanks again John and Brian! That is a cool site you guys have going!

Brad

Re: Thanks guys!

Brad said:

Thanks again John and Brian! That is a cool site you guys have going!

You're welcome, and thanks Brad.

Hey, you mentioned that you now use the POD. You're refering to the Line6 POD right? How do you like that? I'm, very seriously, thinking about getting a Line6 system, both for studio and live use. I used to use a Digicrap... oh I mean Digitech effects pedal, but it's broken now. I could probably figure out the problem if I had the time, but school and work are keeping me busy enough. I used the same effects live as I did when we recorded, that way it all sounded the same. The only thing is, the Digitech I have (RP7) SUCKS when you plug it directly to the board. The Line6 equipment is designed for direct recording, and it also sounds amazing live. How do you like the POD? What other Line6 equipment could you recommend, if any?

Later,
-Brian

Brian, yeah, I say the POD by Line 6 is about the best thing that has happened for the recording guitarist in the last 10 years... if you can spare the xtra 2-3hundred bucks, you should look into the POD Pro (rack unit). These things are amazing. I got lucky and won my POD through Recording magazine. Nice little kidney bean shaped little bastard, that is!

Bruce- Marble walls in an 8' x 18' rectangular shaped room? OH the noise! ;)

Brad

Brad said:
Brian, yeah, I say the POD by Line 6 is about the best thing that has happened for the recording guitarist in the last 10 years... if you can spare the xtra 2-3hundred bucks, you should look into the POD Pro (rack unit). These things are amazing. I got lucky and won my POD through Recording magazine. Nice little kidney bean shaped little bastard, that is!

Bruce- Marble walls in an 8' x 18' rectangular shaped room? OH the noise! ;)

Brad

Yeah, the Line 6 Pro, that's what I was playing at a music store in town here. The only problem I had with it was that you could never get a 100% clean tone out of the unit I was playing, and no one at the store knew enough about the unit to be able to tell me if it is possible to get a 100% clean tone.
Can you tell me?

I've managed to get a clean tone, but I must admit, I like the clean tones from a mic'd amp better. Much as I like the POD Pro, I don't think clean sounds are its best feature.

Bruce

The clean tone was clean until I REALLY strumed those strings, then I could hear the faint sound of distortion. But, when I got home from the music store that night I went to Line 6's website, which is an amazing site by the way, and they had some samples of sounds off various units and they had some prefectly clean tones that made my ears melt. I know it's possible...
How are the distortions out of the Pro?

Back