Bouncing Tracks 1 – 8 to new song - MR - 8HD

keithos28

In an attempt to Bounce Tracks 1 -8 to a new song; I am having a problem when the new song completes the recorder does not automatically stop.:(
The track bouncing starts very successfully showing the BOUNCE 1 – 8 -> Song74 ; but continues, way past the point where the song ends. This forces me to hit the STOP which turns off the bounce and the new song is automatically deleted.
What could be the problem ?

My first test will be to (a) Try a bounce 1 – 8 to a new song on a different song. Or (b) copy all my tracks to a new song individually and try bouncing from there or (c) Start over on a new song by creating all 8 tracks again from scratch (Laborious Intensive but can be done).

It looks as if you are doing everything correctly. My only thoughts. Is the disk nearly full? Do you have the latest software loaded?

I will check the software version; I believe I have V1.31. As far the disk capacity; I believe I have about 84 hours left, again I will check that. If the disk was full I should get a warning message and the operation would be cancelled; but this is not the case. I will attempt a different song this evening to see if it is only to do with that particular song I am working with. I have attempted bouncing 1-8 to a new song many weeks ago [with a different song] and it works, so I know the feature works. thanks

I tried the bouncing on a different song and the feature worked meaning as soon as the song ended the bounce ended successfully. So I headed back to the song that carried way beyond the end. I tried the bounce again and let it ride beyond the end of the song. It went for 45 seconds and finally ended. Success ! but still a mystery on why. Maybe when I was recording the song, I thought I had hit the 'stop' but maybe I did'nt; until 45 seconds later. I was able to convert the song to a WAV file and then port it to my laptop where I used sound WAVE editor to trim the end.

So pleased that is sorted, especially as you seem to be doing everything right.
It is very frustrating when things don't happen as you expect them.

Back