Boss Micro Br problem *noob warning*

Youcantfly

Hi all,

Before I start I will just say I have read the newbie thread - I may have missed some bits by accident but...I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer here!

Basically, I'm new to recording - I recently bought the Boss Micro Br to get me started (good reviews etc) but I'm not getting any playback :confused:. In the manual it shows you how to get everything set up - plug in the computer, guitar, headphones, ac power etc then turn on the power and I have done all of this but I haven't been putting it through my amp - please feel free to laugh this up - but do I need to be connecting my amp to the multi-track? should it go (put crudely) guitar=4track(+headphones etc)=amp? I was assumed that I would get play back through the headphones (like ME20B effects pedal or similar) when headphones are plugged in?

Apologies for the stupidity of this:spank:, but any help would be amazing,

thank you:)

Hi and welcome!

I use a Micro BR to record band rehearsals and quick ideas. A couple of things......

You shouldn't need to connect it to your computer unless/until you want to transfer files.

That said, be sure you're selecting the right input from the front panel (MIC, GTR, etc.....). For example, select GTR and plug your guitar in. Turn up the input volume near the input jack to about 1/2 to 1/3 and play a few chords/notes. Any indicator movement on the display? If so, go ahead and select a track to record on. Start recording, play a few bars then stop. "Rewind" and plug in your headphones. Turn the headphone volume up to about 1/2 and press play. Anything?

Back