Boss Br-800...could it be the best 8 tracker around ? Your inputs please !

Hi...just got BR 800.....confused cos some responses here say i can get more than 4 tracks.....my old 4 track tascam would let me record 3 tracks and then bounce them to track 4...allowing tracks 1,2, & 3 to be used again,.. and so on....allowing many track for final result....seems I cant do that with this machine? thanks ian
Read this thread from the beginning. Essentially, bouncing down mode is called "Mastering mode". You master your selected tracks to a chosen destination track (or pair of tracks). Hope this helps.

Many thanks for the help....your explanation didnt make sense at first...then I realised that it's possible to record from 7/8 to another v track in 7/8 whilst also accepting stuff from other tracks....ian
I'm pretty sure Bounce or mix to master track is still using the same 7/8 destination.

I usually bounce all rhythm instruments down first bounce, so in your case 1/1 + 2/1 + 3/1 + 4/1 + 7-8/1 to 7-8/2 (the number after the slash is the virtual track number-level).

Now you have tracks 1-4 ready for bass, a guitar lead and 2 vocals. Next mix/bounce would be:
1/2 + 2/2 + 3/2 + 4/2 + 5-6/1 + 7-8/2 to 7-8/3.

Of course the trick in this type of mixing is knowing how you want the individual instruments to sound in the final mix - before you have the final mix! I sometimes find myself going back to the original bounce-down and boosting up an instrument part, or changing the EQ on one, or some other change (more reverb, for example). There are techniques to this too - you get down to your final mix and realize the bass should have been louder, do another bounce mix, selecting the bass virtual track and the last bounce mix, and voila!

can someone tell me how to work the br 800 all i want to do is plug the guitar in plug the mic in and record songs using both imputs at the same time. but it seems simple is not the way with these machines. so annoyed with it, , can anybody give me some help. cheers

can someone tell me how to work the br 800 all i want to do is plug the guitar in plug the mic in and record songs using both imputs at the same time. but it seems simple is not the way with these machines. so annoyed with it, , can anybody give me some help. cheers

Have you tried reading the manual? It's here. They are actually very simple to operate once you follow the directions, the hardest part is navigating through the menu due to the small screen.

No, from the manual it looks like the only option is to set the key manually (along with the harmony intervals.

Back