Border Song - Feedback wanted please

mcmac74

Hi

First new one in several months....be great to get some feedback on this initial mix.

Cheers, Mark

Nice song.. I like the way you've worked in the key changes. The use of the megaphone vocals is nice.

First thing that I seemed to struggle with is that the bass line seems to "not fit" in a few places. Like the section just before the change at 1:10 where you go to "call me", it seems to be off key for me. Maybe I'm expecting a different line, but it lost me. Maybe it's just a strange chord progression. Other places it's fine.

It's coming together and you've got a great starting point.

Nice song.. I like the way you've worked in the key changes. The use of the megaphone vocals is nice.

First thing that I seemed to struggle with is that the bass line seems to "not fit" in a few places. Like the section just before the change at 1:10 where you go to "call me", it seems to be off key for me. Maybe I'm expecting a different line, but it lost me. Maybe it's just a strange chord progression. Other places it's fine.

It's coming together and you've got a great starting point.
Thanks for the listen Rich. Interesting point about the chord progression. I initially thought you were referencing the section that comes in at 1:30 as that has been completely dropped in and didn't form part of the original arrangement. I don't think it sounds quite right but wanted to hear if it stuck out to others. Glad you liked it generally 👍

Very stylized, M.

I like the laid back vibe.

The kick is a little busy and for that reason, I'd probably pull it back a bit in the mix more. It can be distracting. Other than that, everything else seems to be in its place.

Very stylized, M.

I like the laid back vibe.

The kick is a little busy and for that reason, I'd probably pull it back a bit in the mix more. It can be distracting. Other than that, everything else seems to be in its place.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by stylized in the context of a song but thanks for the listen.. I'll have a look at those drums👍

Sounds like a sketch idea for a Pink Floyd tune based on the vocal style.
I say idea because it really doesn't go anywhere and then ends with a noodle.

Back