boost vocals

Yeah...boost the EQ between about 2K and 4K. They should pop out a little better. There are other things you can do with compression, but try EQ first and let us know if it helps any.

It kinda' sounds like you just put a mic in the room and let it roll. I mean, I don't wanna' sound like a total dick, but if the song's worth recording, it's worth recording right.

Download an evalutation of AA1.5 if you haven't already got it and try the Centre Channel Extractor's "6dB vocal boost" preset - you can do things with that tool that you wouldn't believe. I've just been using it on an orchestral recording with oboe soloist, recorded with a single stereo pair - the oboe was a bit distant (the mic was on a very high stand), but that "CCE" effect allowed me to put an imaginary spot mic on the oboe and that's made it just right. I believe no other program can do this.

Thanks and out

Alright thanks guys. Not the best recording but it got them booked at a few clubs so it did its job. And i'll try your suggestions. :cool:

I'm trying to boost the vocals without being to overpowering......you know where you can hear a whisper so clear....do you do compression on the mixdown?????????

Where can i obtain aaa1.5

download an evalutation of aa1.5 if you haven't already got it and try the centre channel extractor's "6db vocal boost" preset - you can do things with that tool that you wouldn't believe. I've just been using it on an orchestral recording with oboe soloist, recorded with a single stereo pair - the oboe was a bit distant (the mic was on a very high stand), but that "cce" effect allowed me to put an imaginary spot mic on the oboe and that's made it just right. I believe no other program can do this.
i cant seem to find aaa1.5 on net can you direct me ?

You've just renovated a 7 year old thread...and Audition has moved on from version 1.5 to 5.5 in that time. Give the current one a try...but (after reading through this thread) don't forget the centre channel extractor depends on having a stereo mix.

Back