"Blunted" throwback rocker

stratmonkee

Starting a new live band project with a bassist and drummer....Bassist/lead singer and I have started writing some demos together, heres one called Blunted...no live drums yet...these drums are Betamonkee loops.

Wow, man.. the instruments and melody hit me like 80's Blondie. The main vocal seems way out from the rest of the song but fit in when there's more verb on the held notes. The refrain vocals fit well with their constant verb. This one could really punch with some louder bass and drums.

Sounds good to me, tho the singer sounds less than excited given the energy of the song, unless this is the blunted aspect.
Guitars and drums sound real good.
Bass is a bit mysterious.
Groove is like Highway Star.

Old school energy. Vocals and guitars are hot. Rocknroll man it's 1976 again!
Good job dude this is a great jam. Good to see ya keepin busy!

Guitar lead is real nice. Recording is pretty good in general.

Not a big fan of double tracked vocals myself. And the severe panning and timing issues make it sound even odder to my ears. Maybe that's what you were going for, so take it for what it's worth. Just not to my taste. As it is, it treats the lead vocal as if it were another instrument, not the centerpiece of the song.

Levels are off between the gits/bass/drums/vocals.

Gits and vox are way too out front, bass is in the next room w/ the drums.

I don't mind the panning so much as the disparity between the parts.

Wow, man.. the instruments and melody hit me like 80's Blondie. The main vocal seems way out from the rest of the song but fit in when there's more verb on the held notes. The refrain vocals fit well with their constant verb. This one could really punch with some louder bass and drums.
Yeah, 1st mix was just lead singer, I have tracked my own backing vocals to this not sure if it helped or not. Tried to raise the bass guitar and rum level up a bit as well, op plays new mix . Thanks for listening!
Sounds good to me, tho the singer sounds less than excited given the energy of the song, unless this is the blunted aspect.
Guitars and drums sound real good.
Bass is a bit mysterious.
Groove is like Highway Star.
It does chug along like Highway Star, that Machine Head 8 track I used to blast out in my 74 Impala has forever burned its self into my brain I think! I did try to kick up bass guitar a bit , op plays new mix. Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!
Old school energy. Vocals and guitars are hot. Rocknroll man it's 1976 again!
Good job dude this is a great jam. Good to see ya keepin busy!

Thanks Bulls! Yeah its been great to have some time to do this stuff!
It needs bongos.

There are some as would say 'just saying'
Yes!

Guitar lead is real nice. Recording is pretty good in general.

Not a big fan of double tracked vocals myself. And the severe panning and timing issues make it sound even odder to my ears. Maybe that's what you were going for, so take it for what it's worth. Just not to my taste. As it is, it treats the lead vocal as if it were another instrument, not the centerpiece of the song.
Was kinda going for the 2 different vocalist vibe on parts of the song, maybe panned to drastic? This is kind of a demo for a band that Im getting going in to play live , so Im thinking it will morph itself as we play it live... Thanks for listening and the feedback!

Levels are off between the gits/bass/drums/vocals.

Gits and vox are way too out front, bass is in the next room w/ the drums.

I don't mind the panning so much as the disparity between the parts.
ugh yes, recently having switched back to Reaper for my DAW ( thats what all my new bandmates use) Im struggling with mixing. Had been using StudioOne pro for last few years. I did do a remix on the 25th which the post at top of thread plays ...still have work to do on this.Thanks for the listen and feedback!

Sounds real good to me. The vocals may be a bit reverby and they swap around L to R a bit which was a tad disconcerting in a way. But all the playing is great and the mix is pretty sweet, I reckon. Vocals can come back a bit perhaps.

For a great song, I always think it sounds good the first time I hear it. The only way I can imagine improving this one is to have a real drummer and deal with that uncertainty. I've seen really good bands work with a machine beat rather than a live drummer. I don't get it, but if it's great music, it's hard to argue with.

Back