bluesy thang

Listening in lo-fi ... I have to agree with many of the comments here already stated.

You have very good chops on the guitar, man! That is your strength! ... Understanding that this is an experiment, Go Back and Re-Track Those Drums! :D

This thing could really get going with the drums in sync and raring to go. I can totally imagine some gritty vocals over this as well.

Like I said, great playing! Wish I could offer more mix advice, but you have already got some good stuff from the experts, and I can only listen in lo-fi :(

:)

boydrj:Thanks for the feedback, basically I was just trying to get some sounds down here for a blues piece I plan to do soon. i got frustrated with playing with it and figured Id ask for some tips. Im going to put something in this style together with vox as my next project. Hopefully Ill get the drums a lot better;) , as well as all the rest. I think the biggest problem will be getting the drums and bass not to bury each other.

Peace
Bill

Get to you soon Bill..........in the middle of a gig flurry.......need sleep big time ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

peace,
Ralph

returning the favor

I see in your equipment list that you use sonic and audigy soundcard.

I use sonic 2.0's drum editor to make the drum track and then apply soundfonts.
I just got my audigy 2 days ago.
I think drum soundfonts are the way to go.
Keep playin the blooze buddy..........

Rice-aroni!!

Nice chops & feel man! (just slightly ahead of the beat on a couple of your fast lines, most are comfortably behind the beat:D ) and......I can tell you are 'singing' your lines as opposed to just stringing some licks together! WAY COOL :cool:

The whole interplay between instruments needs tightening up...
a more solid foundation would enhance your fine guitar work!

Watch your back on those drums! At 1:45, I said out loud, "Oh boy, Bill's gonna injure himself....(fill and accents) worked well here.

Mixwise, all has been covered previously......

I'll check out your new blues post tonite or tues AM.

Peace
Ralph

Back