Blown Away

spantini

COO of me, inc.
There's a billboard across the street from my living room window. When I peeked out to see this morning after the hurricane had passed, I see the billboard has an ad for an old Dodge as if it were put up first thing this morning. I'm like, WTF!? That wasn't there a couple hours ago. It's an ad for "The All New Dodge Caravan", but no model year is visible. I can't get a good enough picture of mine, but weirdly I found a whole bunch of identical images from last year's hurricane Ian - billboards from all over displaying the same ad revealed by a previous hurricane. It's an ad from 1996. How strange is that?

Has anyone seen the movie The Final Countdown? I think I'm in a sequel

There's a billboard across the street from my living room window. When I peeked out to see this morning after the hurricane had passed, I see the billboard has an ad for an old Dodge as if it were put up first thing this morning. I'm like, WTF!? That wasn't there a couple hours ago. It's an ad for "The All New Dodge Caravan", but no model year is visible. I can't get a good enough picture of mine, but weirdly I found a whole bunch of identical images from last year's hurricane Ian - billboards from all over displaying the same ad revealed by a previous hurricane. It's an ad from 1996. How strange is that?
Pretty Strange - but it seems the new advertisements wore off.

The hurricanes blew off 27 years of ad layers down to the same ads.. I might be a little doubtful myself it it hadn't happened in a 3-hour period right outside my own window.

Last edited:
Good news that the only "damage" is that you have to look at an ancient Dodge Caravan ad!

I just talked to a buddy that lives near Tampa, and he said that water came up to the yard, but nothing in the house. He was holed up in a hotel inland, but the house never lost power meaning he could check things via his security cams. He'll go home tomorrow, and start cleaning out the pool. Hopefully there are no critters swimming around.

Yeah. That '96 Dodge Caravan is pretty severe :LOL:

I'm some 40 miles east of Tampa. The news reports have been showing quite a bit of low level flooding in the coastal counties around Tampa. Much worse where the eye hit further up the coast. Lots of people still haven't been reimbursed and made whole by their insurance from last year's hurricane Ian - I don't know how they can hang on after a double whammy. And the hurricane season hasn't kicked into high gear yet.

I suspect Sky Blue Lou is on to something..

I'll throw this theory out as a possibility. Due to newer epa standards sign companies switched from petroleum based to water based glues. The heavy water wetted the paper of the later signs enough to re activate the glue into a liquid form...the wind did the rest ...but that petroleum paste laughed at the water and said get the hell out of dodge...I can't help myself sometimes....Or the manufacturer of signage glue changed their formula to be more eco friendly. The coincidence of the same ad from the same era in my mind indicates a correlation more than just a strange coincidence...Or...wait for it.......It might be a sign! :laughings:

BTW Glad you are safe!

Last edited:
I suspect Sky Blue Lou is on to something..

I'll throw this theory out as a possibility. Due to newer epa standards sign companies switched from petroleum based to water based glues. The heavy water wetted the paper of the later signs enough to re activate the glue into a liquid form...the wid did the rest ...but that petroleum paste laughed at the water and said get the hell out of dodge...I can't help myself sometimes....Or the manufacturer of signage glue changed their formula to be more eco friendly. The coincidence of the same ad from the same era in my mind indicates a correlation more than just a strange coincidence...Or...wait for it.......It might be a sign! :laughings:

BTW Glad you are safe!
I'm buying into the old glue theory.
I have family in Bradenton and Parrish. No damages. I'll check on Caravan ads.
That's great to hear 8-)

Back