Black Lion Audio modded Digi 002r and Yamaha MSP5 monitors

RomanMtz

Hello!

I would like to kinda test waters here to see how much interest exists in these products. I really don’t want to sell them, but hard economic times and the fact that I don’t record as much anymore calls for it.

I have a Black Lion Audio modded Digidesign 002 Rack unit. The modification is the Tweakhead mod which includes the following:

ANALOG STAGE AND PRE-AMP UPGRADE
MASTER CLOCK UPGRADE
A/D AND D/A CONVERTER UPGRADE
POWERFUL SUPPLY UPGRADE
MORE INFO AND REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.blacklionaudio.com/Modifications/Digi+002R

This mofification goes for $795+$30 shipping = $825
Plus a Digi 002 in good condition goes for around $700 on the bay
It includes an old Pro Tools LE version, but I will include the upgrade to Pro Tools LE 7.4 (Vista compatible) – worth $150

I’m gonna go ahead and sound like a cheap infomercial, but that’s a total value of $1675.

I’ll let it go for $1400 shipped and paypalled (I’d ship it in a 3 space rack case I got from ebay for $60 bucks as well)

Also have a pair of Yamaha MSP5 monitors. They usually go for $250 each. I’ll let them go for $400 shipped and paypalled for the pair.

I have seller/buyer references under RomanMtz at www.heatware.com and have traded with a few members here… don’t know if I’m on the list or not.

Please PM or email for pics or info.

Thanks!

Hello! Well, I really couldn't be able to tell you since the interface I used before the digi was a Firewire Solo from M-audio and once I got the Digi 002, I modded it right away. I can tell you that the difference between the Firewire and the 002 is night and day. I rellay never got 100% into recording since I track all my drums with superior, and record direct with an Axe Fx. So really I only use the 002 for voices (and to have access to protools obviously). That's why I'm considering selling this and going for a more simple interface with SPIDIF. Any other questions are welcome.

Also, price is negotiable!

Still available bump!

I emailed BLA and asked them about how I could proove to any potential buyer that I indeed modded my unit. They told me any potential buyer could email them for verification. If interrested I can give you my full info so you can check it with them.

Last edited:
Hey, just thought I'd chime in here...I have a 002r w/ the tweakhead mod I used all the time before I upgraded to HD. Before that I had just a standard 002r and the BLA one blew it out of the water. When I had both I a/b'd them side by side quite a bit, the regular 002 sounded hollow next to the BLA. I'd read a bunch about it and was kinda skeptical...until I heard it. Definetly worth the upgrade.

Back