Birdy - Skinny Love cover

naomitanwg

Hi all! I'm new here and would love to hear your opinions (any critics) about my singing! Haven't had any professional vocal training (except one or two trial classes that is haha) so would appreciate it if you could give me some feedbacks! Thank you :)

A lot of people will tell you that you need to give input on other people's stuff if you want it in return, but I don't really care too much about that.

Anyway, I think your voice sounds great, especially for your age. (At least .. you seem very young, but I don't know exactly how old you are.) It's only going to get better, but you're clearly off to great start. Nice job!

My only critique is to try and get a hold of that runaway sustain pedal on the piano at times! :)

A lot of people will tell you that you need to give input on other people's stuff if you want it in return, but I don't really care too much about that.

Anyway, I think your voice sounds great, especially for your age. (At least .. you seem very young, but I don't know exactly how old you are.) It's only going to get better, but you're clearly off to great start. Nice job!

My only critique is to try and get a hold of that runaway sustain pedal on the piano at times! :)

Hi! Ah I see, I will try to give some inputs too, since I just joined this forum yesterday so I will look around first.
Thank you so much for your reply:) I'm not sure what age you would define as young, but I'm already about halfway to my mid 20s :p

Oh, wow, I thought you were younger than that! You look (to me) like a teenager in the video. Although, we can only see you from the side. Anyway, I think you have a very nice voice regardless and, IMHO, all you need to do is just keep singing and getting better and better. By that I mean I don't hear any obvious shortcomings in your singing or anything. Sounds as though you have a good sense of pitch, good breath control (from what I could hear), and a good tone. From here, it's just a simple matter of "the more you do it, the better you'll be."

*I'm certainly no expert on vocals, though, so take my comments with a grain of salt. :)

I think your voice is nice. It sounds like there are a couple of missed notes but I could be wrong. All that is missing to me is the emotion. I think when you are playing it without reading the music and able to just get into the song that will fix itself.

All in all though it's a great cover.

I'm no expert either, but I've had some training when I was your age and I would be hard pressed to say I could ever sing that well. I know that right now, when I'm overweight, out of shape, and aging, my voice sounds nothing like it did when I was 25.
Like was said, just keep doing what you're doing and learn the music so you "feel" it rather than "know" it.

Back