Bird on a Wire - Chilled acoustic tune

famous beagle

This is actually a very old recording that I'd forgotten about. I figured I'd dig it out and put it back on the chopping block.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bird on a Wire.mp3
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
Nicely done. Spacious and crisp guitar sounds. Interesting chord progression. Harmonies work well. Well held back and restrained. All in all, very enjoyable to listen to.

Very nice man!
I agree that the performances are spot on and the tone is great all the way around.
I only have 1 suggestion...
Turn the vocals up so they will be hotter in the mix. If you listen to this acoustic style (Simon and Garfunkel...CSN&Y...Pure Prarie League and so on), the vocals are pretty hot in the mix
That's the only thing I have.
Fantastic tune.

Very nice man!
I agree that the performances are spot on and the tone is great all the way around.
I only have 1 suggestion...
Turn the vocals up so they will be hotter in the mix. If you listen to this acoustic style (Simon and Garfunkel...CSN&Y...Pure Prarie League and so on), the vocals are pretty hot in the mix
That's the only thing I have.
Fantastic tune.

Thanks much. You're absolutely right about that, now that I think about it. I've listened to enough S&G to choke a horse over the years, so I don't know why I didn't do that instinctively. :)

Thanks much. You're absolutely right about that, now that I think about it. I've listened to enough S&G to choke a horse over the years, so I don't know why I didn't do that instinctively. :)

Nice tune and performance, not to pile on here, but you can record a soft voice with a lot of presence. What's your front end ? I have a very soft voice, it has virtually no volume, so I use a U47 clone through a 1073 clone with a lot of clean gain to spare. There are also ways of getting more of gained sound ITB, but you probably know most of this anyway.

Nice tune and performance, not to pile on here, but you can record a soft voice with a lot of presence. What's your front end ? I have a very soft voice, it has virtually no volume, so I use a U47 clone through a 1073 clone with a lot of clean gain to spare. There are also ways of getting more of gained sound ITB, but you probably know most of this anyway.

Thanks for the listen and feedback! To be honest, I do not remember what this was recorded with; it was so long ago. I know it was recorded on ADAT, but I can't remember what mic it was. I think it was maybe a borrowed CAD E-200. As for a preamp, I think we probably just plugged straight into our Mackie 1604 board; I don't remember having a separate pre at the time, much less an EQ or comp. There was probably no compression on the vocal(s) at all.

Nowadays, I have a WA-47 and a MicParts T-12 running through a WA-273 EQ and WA-76 and/or WA-2A comp. But that was definitely not the case back then! :)

Nowadays, I have a WA-47 and a MicParts T-12 running through a WA-273 EQ and WA-76 and/or WA-2A comp. But that was definitely not the case back then! :)

Sweet, I have the WA 73EQ its pretty nice. Colorful, and affordable. Roswell mics are interesting. They make a u87 type mic that is very affordable. $399.00 Great reviews. Looking at that next.

Back