Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SE-50 / SE-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VG-88

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • VGA-7

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Anybody got any comments on the Boss ME-33? Just bought one and getting ready to record with it. I work two-nighters on the weekend in a variety band. It has come in VERY handy live. Figured I'd use it to start recording some of my own music.
Just joined. Love this site....jimbo

Are you talking Guitar Synth ?
For me, bang for the buck (versatility) would be for you to find a used GR-50. Even though old, it can still handle 32 partials (where the GR-33 will only do 28).
I use it mainly as a controller for other MIDI devices, but it also has some amazing flexibility with internally created sounds.
JMHO. YMMV.
mike

Gee, where's my old GR1? I've not used it much...but I've read from others stating that the GR1 actually outperforms Roland models at least through the GR33 when it comes to tracking...I'm not to sure whether they discussed the GR50 at that point.....

I have (2) Boss GT6's and I am pretty happy with them. Use them for concerts and studio work. Pretty user friendly, easily programmable and durable.

@ Fishmed, just to be sure. When you say "Best Roland Guitar Processor", you mean synth, yes?

...add another 6 years :eek:

I saw something (IMO good) @ Harmony Central 1.0 Legacy Reviews:
If you really don't want to mess with programming at all, you should probably get a GR-20 like tntkemp suggests, and have somene else set it up for you, seriously. Still, I give the GR-1 an 8 for Ease of Use, because there are so many factors that influence the result.
Roland has discontinued the GR-1 and suggests a GR33 instead, ...so much for the GR-20 then, yes?

Cheers!

BTW, I still have a Strat/GR-1 combo and I love it.

PS. @ teknomike, thanks for the GR-50 -- now something else to study :)

Wow...old post...old info...yeah...the GR33 is ancient. In fact, the VG-99 is probably the best Roland solution, but the GR-20 tracks great with Guitar. I can't say the same of the ol' GR1 mine replaced, though.

@ Fishmed, just to be sure. When you say "Best Roland Guitar Processor", you mean synth, yes?

...add another 6 years :eek:

I saw something (IMO good) @ Harmony Central 1.0 Legacy Reviews:

Roland has discontinued the GR-1 and suggests a GR33 instead, ...so much for the GR-20 then, yes?

Cheers!

BTW, I still have a Strat/GR-1 combo and I love it.

PS. @ teknomike, thanks for the GR-50 -- now something else to study :)

Wow, my post was over 8 years old.

I was talking about the processors in the poll.

Last edited:
True...somebody sidetracked it, and I got caught...Well, I do have a Digitech BNX3 for bass and an old Korg AX100 for guitar. I recently added Guitar Rig on the computer side... I hardly use any of them, though. I'm a bass player...and I like the raw, Bass-to-Ampeg SVT sound!

There...back on topic!

Back