Best interface for $100-$150? M-Audio M-Track MKII vs. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ?

FallenMist

Hey guys , I was wonder which one would be a better interface for the money ? Or if you have any recommendations please leave them. I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck. Thank you

What are you plugging into the - what are you recording? What O/S is your computer (Win or Mac)?

The Steinberg UR22, Tascam US-2x2 may be better options. Also consider the Tascam US-1200 - although its discontinued, Musicians Friend has it for $120.

What are you plugging into the - what are you recording? What O/S is your computer (Win or Mac)?

The Steinberg UR22, Tascam US-2x2 may be better options. Also consider the Tascam US-1200 - although its discontinued, Musicians Friend has it for $120.

I will be plugging a Blue Spark mic into a Windows laptop and will be recording vocals. And
Thank you I will check those interfaces out right now

No midi on the 2i2.
Go 2i4 if you insist on one of those options but I'd look at Roland QuadCapture. Better drivers.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions, I'm looking at the roland quad capture rn and it's over budget but if gives clear and professional sound I'll consider buying it. But what makes it better ? I'm sorry guys I'm kind of a newbie with all of this, and how would it compare to a M audio M track MKII plus ? It's 24/96

Caveat: I'm a newbie, but I can second the recommendation for the Steinberg UR22 as I just bought one and am delighted. This is Yamaha hardware with Steinberg badges. The drivers installed first time (Win 7, 64-bit) and it was very easy to set up and use with Tracktion 4. The Steinberg has MIDI ports in addition to the two mic/line ports and comes with Cubase AI (download version), which might suit. FWIW, I had ordered a Mackie Onyx Blackjack as it seemed on paper to be the best, affordable match for me, but after three week's faffing around my supplier couldn't deliver and so I switched my order to the Steinberg (and don't regret doing so). HTH

Also, stability of drivers as well as latency rates are sometimes issues to look into.
I loved my M-Audio Firewire Solo, but the drivers were not very stable for PC. The Tascam I have now has better drivers, but more latency. NI KA6 is one of the best in both fields, but again, runs $50 over budget.
The 2i4, UR22 and 2x2 are all solid units with good drivers. The 2i4 is still bundled with a few free plugs, yes?

If you don't have a DAW, the PreSonus AudioBox (2 inputs) comes bundled with Studio One Artist - very good recording software.

Well I'll be only recording vocals for most of time and
Never plan on using any instruments so yea I think it's bit of an over kill

not sure if that's a reply to my mssg, but having that extra input isn't really an overkill. you might find it handy at some point down the road. And the cost is in the price range you're asking.

Back