Best day ever...new guitar coming!

pikingrin

what is this?
My very first guitar was a '96 Fender Lonestar Strat; I bought it from GC when I was 14 with money from mowing lawns for a while. It cost $749 and I got a crappy crate practice amp with it to learn on. Figured that if I had spent that much money then I'd have more of an incentive to actually learn to play. It worked and I began my journey... 3 or 4 years later, my parent's house was broken into during the middle of the day and I came home to find my baby gone. The fuckers left the amp, which had been upgraded to a heavier 2x12. I have missed that guitar ever since...

Fast forward to yesterday, browsing on reverb, and I randomly decided to search for a '96 Fender Lonestar strat. And there she was...not the same serial number but the identical twin to my very first workhorse. Just ordered it this evening after working out some of the details with the seller and it should be here at some point next week. I am so fracking stoked! :guitar::D:guitar:

Congrats. I'd be in a mood to kill if my Strat were ever stolen. Glad you're returning to your roots. Pics obligatory.

Congrats. I'd be in a mood to kill if my Strat were ever stolen. Glad you're returning to your roots. Pics obligatory.
I still remember the day it happened. I was fuming. I had a feeling I knew who did it, too; that feeling was confirmed when the cops raided their house (I walked by it on my way home from school every day) and they all got arrested - my parent's house hadn't been the only house that was hit in the neighborhood. It infuriates me just thinking about it all. Either way, after searching pawn shops for a few weeks afterwards, I never found that old guitar.

Pics will definitely be posted as soon as it gets here!

Yeah, I've come full circle back to my strat (2004 American Standard). For a while I was playing a Rickenbacker 650 - which I still love. It beats the hell out of the Strat for finger picking, but the Strat is better for solos and seems to have better tone in general.

I recently decided the Strat was 1A and the Rick 1B.

I also have an Ibanez JS1000. That thing is going on craigslist. After I sell it (and a few other things) I'll probably get a Gibson Les Paul to complete the collection. I played a friend's traditional recently and fell in love.

Well, this bad boy right here:
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 4.03.55 PM.png
Will be here Wednesday. I'm stoked beyond belief but I'm gonna have to thin back the herd a little more to make room. It will be strat #5 in my collection but also my #1 go-to; a month at most before that neck is my second home.

My other American strat, this one here:
IMG_0814.jpg
Has been my go-to for the last 2 years. Solid swamp ash body and TX special pickups make this thing scream if you want it to, and it's light as hell. This through the old '56 magnatone with an overdrive between you and the amp and you can get just about anything you want with a little dialing in. It's apparently a custom model for sweetwater; I haven't seen another like it ever. And the neck is a deep C so it's meaty and awesome...

Sold the LP? Man, I enjoy the Fenders but there's still no way I could ever get rid of my LP... She sings in a different way but she still sings.

I like lp's too. I buy one, play it a while, then move it on down the line. I have never really become attached to one and I have had several. I still have the old '66 start I bought when I was 17 years old... I'm attached to that one big time.
Rock and Roll crunchy rythym....in my opinion...is the only thing a LP does better than a strat. I don't really like the way Gibsons play though. I'm just a Fender fan all the way around I guess

by the way...
AWESOME strat man! I would be stoked too.
I've never had a strat with a bucker on it. I think the next one I get will have one on the bridge like the one you are getting.

Very nice pikingrin. Nothing quite touches a Strat. One is all I need, but I absolutely need that one. I could get by without my Les Paul if I had to. The SG gets more play. Actually, all I really, really need is a Strat, a Tele, an SG, a good acoustic guitar, and a Jazz bass. I've got all that, so I tend to lust more after amps than guitars.

Congratulations, I'm finding Strats are a bit addictive myself. Great looking guitar, I don't have one in black as I simply have not picked one up yet that I bond with. It'll happen at some point, I also have a hankering for a Daphne blue. Tele's can be a bit addictive too as I found last year :thumbs up: Enjoy.......

I am not such a big fan of strats but I think that at the end of the day everybody MUST have one. LoL. I have one myself that I use exclusively for strum because no other guitar can give you 'that' quacky and yet smooth tone when you select both middle and neck pickups.

:)

Well, this bad boy right here:
View attachment 96192
Will be here Wednesday. I'm stoked beyond belief but I'm gonna have to thin back the herd a little more to make room. It will be strat #5 in my collection but also my #1 go-to; a month at most before that neck is my second home.

My other American strat, this one here:
View attachment 96193
Has been my go-to for the last 2 years. Solid swamp ash body and TX special pickups make this thing scream if you want it to, and it's light as hell. This through the old '56 magnatone with an overdrive between you and the amp and you can get just about anything you want with a little dialing in. It's apparently a custom model for sweetwater; I haven't seen another like it ever. And the neck is a deep C so it's meaty and awesome...

I must've missed these pics man....I like strats too, I've got 2 of 'em: a MIM H-S-S, & a cheap little Squire S-S-S...I prefer maple fretboards on strats & tele's myself, but there's nothing wrong with rosewood/ebony/whatever, it's just a personal preference I've had all my life...

Post us some more pics & clips dude, nice guitar(s)!!!!

Back