"Belarusian Brunette" - synth/rock instrumental with an industrial twist

That is a really nice mix of distorted guitars and disco beats.
What is the setup of the lead guitar? Do you use a talk box or anything like that?

I think it's way cool Steve_M.
Nice lead guitar work and great mix. The lead guitar sets perfectly in the mix.
I can picture this on a movie soundtrack, played during a scene where the good guy is driving down the highway after wasting all the bad guys.

Great work!

That is a really nice mix of distorted guitars and disco beats.
What is the setup of the lead guitar? Do you use a talk box or anything like that?
Thanks Trichter, the lead is a strat played through a Hiwatt amp with a compressor, flanging and delay (bridge pickup). No talkbox actually - does it have a talkbox sound to it?

It was probably the flanger then. I noticed some sort of modulation on the guitar sound. Wasn't sure what it was. Could have been some small level of talk box or maybe a wahwah, but a flanger also makes sense. It makes the sound more interesting/alive in my opinion.

Sounds excellent. Great blend of the guitars with the synths. The toms hark back to the 80's syndrum tones. In fact it reminds of of the Harold Faltermeyer theme music to Fletch for some reason

This is a great song! If it weren't for the drums I'd say there was a Floyd influence.

I'm not fond of the quick changes in pan on the strat, but that's a personal opinion. There are times like @ 1:30 where the guitar loses the battle against the drums.

Great playing and that's a super sound you got on the strat through the hiwatt!

That's one sexy Belarusian voice,
Timbo

Back