Behringer FCA1616 Firepower

StudioHermit

Complete Amatuer
Hey guys, have not been on here in a long time. I work 7 days a week all summer long, it sucks, but gives me the winters off.:D
Anyway, I'm thinking about a new interface and was wondering if anyone has a Behringer FCA1616 Firepower, or if anyone knows much about them. I have read mixed reviews. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys, have not been on here in a long time. I work 7 days a week all summer long, it sucks, but gives me the winters off.:D
Anyway, I'm thinking about a new interface and was wondering if anyone has a Behringer FCA1616 Firepower, or if anyone knows much about them. I have read mixed reviews. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually I read a review just a day or so ago. Computer Music? They said it was quite well made and gave a heck of a lot of I/O for the money but if you think you are going to get top line, very low noise pre amps? Nah. In fact the overall specc' was bit of a let down.

Silly really because Berries do do some good things but suffer from the Ha'poth of tar syndrome. I had a (well 3 actually! One after 'tother!) BCA2000 interface. Brilliant bit of kit (after about 6months when the drivers were sorted!) but so cheap that it just kept going wrong.

If the interface proves reliable I could see them going into schools where they need the track count but not the last word (or even the first!) in sound quality.

Dave.

Actually I read a review just a day or so ago. Computer Music? They said it was quite well made and gave a heck of a lot of I/O for the money but if you think you are going to get top line, very low noise pre amps? Nah. In fact the overall specc' was bit of a let down.

Silly really because Berries do do some good things but suffer from the Ha'poth of tar syndrome. I had a (well 3 actually! One after 'tother!) BCA2000 interface. Brilliant bit of kit (after about 6months when the drivers were sorted!) but so cheap that it just kept going wrong.

If the interface proves reliable I could see them going into schools where they need the track count but not the last word (or even the first!) in sound quality.

Dave.

Thanks for the info. I've heard lots of things about Behringer being cheap low end stuff but having never tried any of their stuff, I just wanted some opions. I was thinking about a Tascam US-1800, but then I ran across this Behringer. It may be awhile before I upgrade, so I have time to do lots of research.

Bump!

Guys, I'm really planning to buy this interface, that's why I wanted to look info about it first.

My question is, does this interface have 16 outputs, right??, which means I'll be able to record drums and mix every single thing separately, and record live shows with the same results, right??

Behringer is good, I have the X1222 usb Mixer, got it used but still no issues, it does what it supposed to :D

Back