Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX vs. DAW

manuel_vdn

Up until now I recorded music through an audio interface (the Behringer UMC1820) straight into my computer.
I also got a Behringer Eurodesk SX2442FX, which I'm only using as a PA for rehearsals.

Now I was wondering if there's a way to connect the Eurodesk with my computer so I can use it for recordings. So that each channel is a separate track on my input and the faders and solo/mute buttons etc. are synced with my DAW.

What's the best way to do this? Should I put an audio interface or something else in between my pc and the Eurodesk? Or is this just not possible?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do what you are asking. The Eurodesk has no provisions for connecting to a computer, and it only has 4 subgroups to output analog audio that could be used to send to an interface. Individual channels don't have "outputs" except for the inserts, which are prefader and FX.

The UMC1820 only has 8 analog inputs, so you can't use the 8 mic inputs and then feed the 4 subgroups to the 1820.

You could grab signal from the inserts and feed that to the interface. A cable that has TRS on one end, with tip wired to ring, and TS on the other would do it.

I have a Eurodesk 32:8:2 which I bought for micing up my drumkit. This (discontinued now) has 8 subgroups.
For some time I mixed the drums down to those 8 subgroups, then fed them into an ADA8000 ADAT box.
Eventually I abandoned that and just mix them down to stereo, and record that through an interface.
The Eurodesk is very solid, and mine is nearly 20 years old and still going strong.
Even a stereo mixer has a studio role for routing and all the pre-amps.

Back