Beginner Starting To Make Beats

JusTSoYouKnow

So what do you recommend? Should I use a software?
Or buy a hardware like mpc and keyboard then just record it and TADA!
I know I'm short in budget but I just wanna know which one is a good choice. So thank You!

Both are good in beat making..If you want get started right away, go with a software considering you are out of budget.
Keyboard and MPC's may cost you a thousand $$ while buying a software will be cheaper.
Using a hardware won't cause any audio latency but transferring music to your computer will take time.
On the other hand, sound delays are common in some software (but not significant), but the good thing is that resources, (tutorials, VST's, sound samples) are available online.
So I think, the use of software would be more suitable for a beginner.

hey jsyk,

what is your budget roughly, I picked up an old yamaha rm1x for a couple hundred. You could look for an electribe drum machine(or roland mc505, mc 303, 808, 909, dave smith, blah blah, blah). There is a tonne of old hardware out there. If you want to do live shows hardware is the way. No body wants to see a glowing fruit on stage. If you want to produce in the bedroom, and have a decent computer, then go to macprovideo.com and watch the free videos which will introduce you to loads of different ways to make beats on different software systems. This I would highly recommend. find out how you want to do things before you waste valuable time on a program you may hate. Check out the Native instruments stuff, logic, reason, and of course Ableton.

Back