beer drinkers and hell raisers

jimistone

long standing member
Had fun on this one. A buddy of mine sang and played guitar with me.
Any comments and suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
One of my favorite ZZ classics. The drums drag a bit at the start and at a couple of spots later on. Guitars & vocals are excellent. Does sound like you had fun putting it together. Good version.

Just a smidge slower than the original, but that might have been intentional. I always thought the original was a smidge fast, like they might have sped it up.

I dig it.

That's fun! I dig the sound of the guitars too! Brings me good memories from ages ago. I was the second lead singer that time, and I was used to either do lead or backing vocals, but not both in the same song. I remember how hard it was then to change from the lead to the second voice in "Baby don't you wanna come with me".

Oh yeah....cool man. Don't do a thing to it. It's raw and real and as previously mentioned.....brings me back to a fun time with some buddies of mine up north.....a long time ago.

2 cents worth of....wish I was there!

Mick

hey ZZ top. Thats long ago. Good guitarplaying. The recording has some vintage vibe. Good job. Drums are a litlle to tight to me.

hey ZZ top. Thats long ago. Good guitarplaying. The recording has some vintage vibe. Good job. Drums are a litlle to tight to me.
"To tight"
Are you tallking about the tuning or the drums or my drumming?
I'm a guitar player who dabbles with drums. I'm trying ro improve my drumming and any advicebis welcome.
Not exacrly sure what "too tight" means though.
Thanks for the input!

The drumsound, I use Ezdrummer 2, and in there one can choose different sounds for your drums. I meant that the sound isn't warm, too flat. It sounds unreal to me. But that of course is personal. Probably the word tight isn't well choosen.

The drumsound, I use Ezdrummer 2, and in there one can choose different sounds for your drums. I meant that the sound isn't warm, too flat. It sounds unreal to me. But that of course is personal. Probably the word tight isn't well choosen.

Oh ok.
It's acoustic drums miced with 2 electra voice condensor mics as over heads, a shure sm 57 on the snare, and a kick drum micnof some kind (can't remember the brand and model)

Back