been a while .....

DeeExpus

and for my NEXT mix ... !
Comments on any aspect gratefully recieved, though I havnt been active for a while and apologise profusely, for whatever reason.

Anyroad, its called Pointless Child and it ISNT a love song :D

Cheers

Andy

if you're interested, recorded on G5 dual 2.7 PowerMac, using Logic 7.1. Mixed through Soundtrax solo live (yeah i know) 32/4/2 (yeah i know) via MOTU 24I/O. End mix uncompressed though normalised and a little hi end filter. Arse end not touched. heh.

Lovely! I love the song, especially the different harmonic touches. Great playing and singing too. The only musical comment I have is that I'm not a fan of the drum fills before and during the bridge, but no big deal. As far as the mix, the lead vocal could come down just a touch (2db?) so it sits in the mix a little better but that could be my speakers (craptop). I'm still listening to this, man, it's nice. I love the synth lead and piano. Well done. Do you have any more?

thanks jj

interesting about the vocal comment. I spent absolutely ages tweaking it in the mix and eventually had to ride it. I am quite happy with the way it sits through my monitors (alesis M1's) and also through my PC speakers (Logitech THX things, bloody bass bins a nightmare though!). It also sounds ok Ipodded. I havnt performed the suprememe car test yet tho, and that's king for me :) Ill save judgement i think until ive tried a couple more systems, but I do acknowledge the comment and it gives pause for thought and scrutiny.

Im unsure of the fills you're referring to, as with the structure of the song as it is, I dont know which bridge! That said, my drummer, Norman, can get a little carried away at times ;)

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen and for your really kind and complimentary feedback. After the week ive had with this track, its appreciated believe me.

if you're interested you cand find a little more at www.myspace.com/deeexpusmusic

Cheers

Dee

nice i loved the intro had to listen to it twice :)

btw vocals sound 'right' to me

*just a thought*
i don't perform the same music as you but for backup vocals you may want to apply a small cut off on the lower mid frequencies (<500) to give it just a tad more high end, i find it gives them a better 'place' within the mix

Chalk and cheese, our music m8. Still, ur stuff sounds really good you obviously know what you're doing.

Jurys still out on the vocal. Some systems it sits lovely, others, its a tad prominent. There may have to be a comprimise somewhere along the line. Good comment about the BV's, I may just try that.

Thanks for taking the time Decipha, appreciated.

Andy

Back