Beatles Anthology Part 1 & 2 reel to reel!!!

Original studio tapes, with provenance is an auction collectable, BUT condition is everything. For instance, if the box labels are intact and it has names and sigs, it is worth something even if it wont play. I suppose it depends on what the quality is like? Some tape from that period is unplayable. Post some pics and we can advise.

Sadly, that's a home recorded tape, made on a home reel to reel probably off a record. It's got no value. There is a 6 CD Anthology 1,2 and 3 for £25 on ebay at the moment which will be much better quality than an old tape recorded at 3 3/4 IPS.

The anthology project was a bit strange - Paul, Ringo, George and Yoko's idea to provide the public with lots of un-released stuff, much discarded by the Beatles. Cynics considered it an attempt to make money from material previously being sold by the bootleggers, so it got less than a warm reception. An interesting curiosity. The real snag with yours is the likelihood of the tape being fragile, possibly damaged, and recorded perhaps poorly? A CD is a sort of known decent standard, quality wise. Old reel to reels can be great down to unplayable.

Sorry - but in all honesty, if I had it on the shelf, I'd play it - but expect it to sound pretty dire, and as a copy of something else, it would probably go in the bin. To have any value, you need to be able to play it and check it out - other wise there's nothing to do with it? If you still have the machine of course, that might make some money.

When I first saw the title, I thought maybe it was something like this guy had. A home dub on Radio Shack tape won't be worth any money.

I'm guessing it's a copy from someone's CD. Anthology 1 was the early years, 2 CDs. It included the song "Free as a Bird" as a new Beatles track, It was released in 1995. It has early recordings, along with some alternate takes of various songs.

In the old days we used to make copies of records on reel to reel tapes or cassettes. Tape was much cheaper than CDs back then.

https://www.amazon.com/Anthology-1-...12-984f-80c8b9ce16a9&pd_rd_i=B000002TYX&psc=1

Back