Ball End 1/2 size classical guitar strings?

Amitt

Hi,
I have a Tanara 1/2 size classical guitar. I typically restring it with 1/2 size classical guitar strings, but always find stringing them extremely difficult. Recently, I was able to restring my Takamine GC3 with ball end classical strings and that was much easier for me. (In fact, it was not all that different from restringing my acoustic guitars.). So, does anybody know where I can find some 1/2 size ball end classical guitar strings? I've looked everywhere and have had no luck.
Thanks,
Amitt

I just went to buy nylon strings for my classical yesterday. Never seen ball end nylons. I bought 'em. It's almost a novelty to me.
As to your issue, couldn't you just cut off the amount you don't need?

I have never heard of ball end nylons, and I've been through quite a lot of classical guitar strings. I used to change them every week, if not more, back when I was in college. I'm not even sure if every classical guitar would work that way. Wouldn't the wrapped string part by the ball be too big around to fit the string holes in some classicals? -Particularly with the g string and e string?

Anyway, once you get good at it, changing strings really doesn't take that long, nor is it hard. Manual Barrueco was rumored to be able to change his strings in 5 minutes. Kazuhito Yamashita changes his at intermission during his concerts. I shit you not.

Back