backward masking

dmcsilva

Is it just me or does anyone else notice all of the sublime details that recording reveals in your own music? Before I began recording and really listening to what was being played I can't say I really appreciated what I heard. Now, I listen to something I've recorded and I always find myself thinking "Oh, so that's what that lick really sounds like". It's kinda like the difference between 2D vs. 3D, self-flagellation vs. coitus, or riding a moped vs. a CBR900RR.

dmc

Certainly gives you a profound respect for alot of players out there! I, like most guys, used to glibly spout off about how *easy* certain songs were to play - until I tried laying my own down to tape. Playing the same riff over and over just to make it perfect takes self discipline and constant focus in the face of boredom.

I've noticed how I subconciously fill in other parts to songs while playing riffs. Then you play the tape back and think, "Man, that's really average." Kind of busts the bubble of the undiscovered genius!

The great thing about Pukes is that if the motor couldn't get you goin' fast enough, they had pedals to add some real power. :)

Back