AW4416 question need help!!!!!

SappyHad

Hello I recently bought a Yamaha AW4416, and had thought that it came with a drum machine built in, and found out it doesn't.

Before I bought this unit I was using a Boss BR-532 and making my drum tracks using the drum machine on the Boss.

Is there any way I can make drum tracks on the Boss and then import them to a track on the AW4416?

I hope there is a way to create some drum tracks to put on the AW or I just wasted ssome serious money :(

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Eric J.

"Music Heals"

I own a AW4416, what format does the Boss save it's data? You can import .WAV files into the AW4416. I hope this helps, I love my AW4416. I don't know anything about the Boss. Did you buy the AW4416 new?

Sappy, should I ask the obvious question--why did you buy the 4416 without researching it a bit? Sorry, no lectures from me, but someone had to ask. But what I really don't understand is why the drum machine is so important. With good little programmable machines going for as little as $95 (Zoom MRT-3), why not just add one if that's what it takes? When you consider how outstanding the reviews have been for the 4416--for some years now--I find it hard to imagine that you've wasted any money. In fact, I'd say you made a wise move. The DAW itself is the key; all the other stuff, like drum machines and mic pres, is stuff you can easily add for very little money, if necessary.

Hope you enjoy it.

J.

Thanks for the input

Hey thanks for the input guys. I will look into getting a drum machine and just programming my own patterns.

I'm kinda a newbie to home recording so just gotta take one step at a time.

I do love the aw4416 so far wow! compared to the Boss unit I was using it's like going from a gremlin to a rolls royce!

I bought the unit used so I really saved a lot of money, and the previous owner only recorded a few songs on it so it's like new.

The Boss does save to .wav files so I guess I could transfer them into the aw4416.

Now my next question is: How do I accomplish this?

I'm sure it's in the manual but I haven't got around to reading the whole thing yet.

Again any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Eric J.

Hi Rob, my 4416 was stolen a while back, i finally have another one... in the interm i used tascam...and protools. how can i import to the 416 a few wav trax i have made so i can finish what i was working on... is there an easy way....my only easy thought was to go out from other unit in one trak at a time like i was recording theguitar harmonica and some keys as a new trak... let me know i would appreciate it much. thank yo, mark yeary
I can help with the .wav file transfer. I do it all the time.....Let me know.

Rob

Hello Eric, I have owned the Yamaha AW4416 for many years now and have recorded many projects with it. I will say that the learning curve can be quite steep. It is worth the effort however, as the features are extensive and the sound quality is hard to beat right in the box. If you really want to talk to AW experts ( not that you can't get really good help here) I would suggest joining Yahoo Groups dedicated exclusively to the Yamaha AW family. I basically learned how to record on my 4416 by reading and asking questions in that group. 80+ % of the discussion is on the still formidably AW4416. Best of luck.
Adam

Hello Eric, I have owned the Yamaha AW4416 for many years now and have recorded many projects with it. I will say that the learning curve can be quite steep. It is worth the effort however, as the features are extensive and the sound quality is hard to beat right in the box. If you really want to talk to AW experts ( not that you can't get really good help here) I would suggest joining Yahoo Groups dedicated exclusively to the Yamaha AW family. I basically learned how to record on my 4416 by reading and asking questions in that group. 80+ % of the discussion is on the still formidably AW4416. Best of luck.
Adam

Dude - Eric asked his question 9 years ago. He's probably moved on from the venerable AW4416... Necropost o' the week.

Back