Audition 3.0.1 Random Gaps of Silence

cereboso

Hello, I am having a major problem with Adobe Audition 3.0.1.
When recording between 9 and 14 tracks at a time a few of the tracks, not all, will randomly have gaps of silence.
Some of the gaps are of different lengths. I have attached a screenshot of this. It only does this every once in a while, but of course ruins what I'm recording.
In this test example I was recording 14 audio tracks at once and my CPU usage never got over 46% and my RAM usage never got above 2.10 GB (out of 8GB).

System specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core CPU (2.2GHz x 4)
8 GB RAM

Tascam US-1641 USB Interface
Current Driver: 2.01
Current Firmware: 1.02
Sample Rate: 44.1
"Normal Latency" (Medium Setting)

Please let me know if you need to know any other specs and if you have any ideas on how to fix this. Thank you!

This forum won't let me post a link properly, so just copy/paste the following:
forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/67308/audition_screenshot.png

I see that I am not alone in this problem. I am working with an ASUS N16J laptop with Windows 7 and a Tascam Mk122ii pc interface. I was recording some early 1900s acoustic records at the studio quality setting of 96100 instead of 44100 and was getting gaps that would run from 4 to 15 seconds. My solution at the moment is to record at the 44100 setting. I am a newbie at this so this is all I have to offer for the moment.

Hello, I am having a major problem with Adobe Audition 3.0.1.
When recording between 9 and 14 tracks at a time a few of the tracks, not all, will randomly have gaps of silence.
Some of the gaps are of different lengths. I have attached a screenshot of this. It only does this every once in a while, but of course ruins what I'm recording.
In this test example I was recording 14 audio tracks at once and my CPU usage never got over 46% and my RAM usage never got above 2.10 GB (out of 8GB).

System specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core CPU (2.2GHz x 4)
8 GB RAM

Tascam US-1641 USB Interface
Current Driver: 2.01
Current Firmware: 1.02
Sample Rate: 44.1
"Normal Latency" (Medium Setting)

Please let me know if you need to know any other specs and if you have any ideas on how to fix this. Thank you!

This forum won't let me post a link properly, so just copy/paste the following:
forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/67308/audition_screenshot.png

If you are using Direct Monitoring (i.e. zero latency monitoring) you could try setting your buffers higher.

Back