Audio/Video capture that is NT compatible

~~synergy~~

Ok for the real pro's, thought i'd get some other people opinions before I do all the searching myself for a friend. They are writing curriculum for Video and Audio production, and would like a good audio/video combo card that must be 2 things, fully NT compatible and Authorware compatible. Price is not really an object if it works.
Thanks
~~synergy~~

Two important questions: What is your format (BetaSP, Svhs, Beta, DV, 8mm, Hi8, 3/4", D1). This will determine what type of video board you will need. The price goes from $400 to $250,000+, just to give you any idea. Who is your audience? Basically, are you going with Broadcst standard, video weddings, movies (feature films) DVD, what? This will determine how much you are going to spend.

Fast makes a board for $4000 the can support all formats of analog and firewire in a cute little breakout box. For $10-29K, Media 100 will support broadcast standard (1:1-3:1 compression) with XLR. Media 100 are very , very, nice!!! For the $40-$250+ ballpark, you can play with an AVID!!!

Give me some more info so that I may better help your cause. I am in the same boat.

MS

I almost forgot... DVD recorders are down to the low low price of $5K. So add the to the price tag if you want to be state of the art... this does not include HDTV.

They are writing a piece of 7 day curriculum to teach students about video and audio production. Basically, the students will be shooting video with a sony handycam or the like, and then need to get it into the machine for editing. I've had lots of experience using a Targa card ($2000 when we got it 3 years ago), and it's great, but was curious about anyone elses experience in the lower end video/audio capture cards.
thanks
~~synergy~~

Back