Audio Interface

youngjun_92

Hi, I've post a thread before and I still could not decide which to buy, but I've kind narrowed down.
Again, I use Mac OS X 10.8 with Pro Tools 11. Not planning to run on Windows yet.
I only need 2~4 i/o and prefer 2 headphone output or multiple analogue output so I can use headphone amp. And my budget is $1000.
I've narrowed down my choices to 3 which are
1) RME Babyface
2) Apogee Duet 2
3) Audient id22
Please give me advice. I want to be cautious because it is not small amount of money. Thanks!!

All I can say is I am a huge fan of RME's mixer/routing software that comes with the Babyface and other RME interfaces, so I'd choose that one. Incredibly stable drivers too.

I found out that iD22 does not have MIDI i/o. So I gotta choose from RME and Apogee.
I am also considering to spend more $ to check out
Apogee Quartet
RME UC
Which would have better quality of sound?

I found out that iD22 does not have MIDI i/o. So I gotta choose from RME and Apogee.
I am also considering to spend more $ to check out
Apogee Quartet
RME UC
Which would have better quality of sound?

I'm pretty sure you will not notice much (if any) difference in sound quality. Preamps might sound a tad (minimal though) different, but not enough to really worry about. I went from an RME Fireface UFX, which I had to sell for traveling money, to a Focusrite 18i6 and honestly didn't notice a difference in anything else than flexibility, latency etc. I've since gotten another RME Fireface UFX because I needed more inputs and outputs, dual MIDI I/O etc. The main reason I chose RME again is the routing software (TotalMix) and the DSP Effects. The RME UCX is like the UFX but with less I/O.

From all I have read over the years I would definitely go RME had I the need (and the cash!).

I understand they had a hand in the design of my NI KA6? That is THE most stable AI I have ever used.

Dave.

Back