Audio Centron TFX2-SRS & Audio Centron TFX3-PE

nbrennan5150

So i picked these two things up at a garage sale for like 5 bucks they both work, and seeing how i am kind of new to the recording game i was wondering if anyone would tell em if i could have any use for them. The TFX3-PE Seems To be an equalizer i can use it in my rig and make it sound pretty good, but the other one im not quite sure what it is used for...

My setup for recording right now consists of my HP windows 7 laptop, a focusrite 6 USB, a Mackie 16 channel USB, and 2 Shure SM57, 1 aUDIX I5, set of drum mics, LINE 6 POD PRO GUITAR MULTI EFFECTS RACK PROCESSOR,.....

I record drums through my mixer with the drum mics and the sm57s as overheads...
i record guitar either through my focusrite USB and my audix i5 for people who like the tube tone, or use my Line 6 unit for people who like to record direct in...

Thanks A Lot

I have one (TFX3-PE) that I picked up back in the day (late 90's). I use it only for corrective/surgical eq'g, like getting rid of muddy frequencies on the 1970s Wurlitzer electric piano :)
I'm actually in the market for a really good stereo parametric eq with more sophisticated design for mastering (or at least for producing really good stereo mixes). At this point I'm leaning toward the JDK Audio R24. But this Audio Centron unit will still be useful at times for narrow-width cutting. From the standpoint of sound quality, it reminds me of the eq's in the mixer sections of portastudio type recording devices but not quite as good. I wish I had two so I could do an experiment and see how they would sound in a mix-type situation.

Back