audacity

hipknot01

whenever i record something on audacity the time remaining in the corner lowers. i know it takes away from my memory but i wondered if i could get that time back. if so could someone tell me how?

But seriously, clean out files you don't need (delete them, or archive them to CDs/DVDs), or add more hard drive space. External drives are really cheap. I recently picked up 300GB for ~$140 from Buy.com.

Do you even know how computers/storage/hard drives work? I pretty much answered the question in my post above. Find where Audacity is storing the files for your tracks and delete them if you don't need them. OR get rid of other files/programs you don't need, OR buy more hard drive space.

Stacked? I think Fox finally cancelled it, at least it hasn't been on in awhile.
It was pretty awful :D

noisedude said:
I can't believe he's now in that awful Pamela Anderson sitcom. :mad:

hipknot01 - I hope I didn't scare you away, but your question was pretty basic, PC 101 stuff.

Now where did I park my Delorean? :D

gordone said:
Stacked? I think Fox finally cancelled it, at least it hasn't been on in awhile.
It was pretty awful :D

hipknot01 - I hope I didn't scare you away, but your question was pretty basic, PC 101 stuff.

Now where did I park my Delorean? :D
Ah well we just got the first season of it over here, only one of the more obscure cable comedy channels but they are showing it non-stop so that casual flickers like me can't miss it.

The only funny line was in the first episode when they were arguing she wasn't suited to a book shop: "this isn't hooters, this is stacked". :p

Get yourself an internal or external hard drive for all your music needs. Or upgrade your computer specs so that it can handle all your musical needs.

All Apps Have This Trip:

When you Save a file you're done working with, a dialog box comes up. There will be a little window in the dialog box that says to "Save As...", where you type in the name of the file you're saving.

Also look for a drop-down box/window where it says "Save In...", and where you can choose what location (folder) to store your file in. When you click on the little arrow, you'll see a list of folders to save in. Pick your folder, then click on "Save". Saved.

Also- when you import a wave file, a similar dialog comes up, same situation: there will be a little drop-down box with a list of locations on your computer to import the wave file from. Navigate to the location you want, and choose your file. Of course, you have to know where you want to go, so you have to have already done the above step first!

Get good at this and stay Un-confused! :cool:

Back