Audacity alternatives?

junplugged

Taking the slow road
I like it, sounds good, but need to edit drum loop waves faster and easier.

don't like the warp markers in Ableton, screws up the sound but extremely fast and easy.

any freeware or under $200 software?

FL Studio demo slices loop, but i don't want to turn it into hit samples, just 1 to 16 bar drum loop files. I haven't seen a wave form yet in FL.

Sorry if you've heard about this software a million times already, but have you tried Reaper?

thanks for the link, looks like some of those may help

My Reaper trial ran out before i could use it. i'll look at it again on another machine to see how it is to drag and drop loops/clips, i have my doubts, the DAW software so far on all demos except Ableton weren't made for that like Live is, but it's $400 so that's never gonna be the one i use.

Audacity is actually really great after learning how to use it, it's not easy, there's no tutorials or help or guide, i just had to try everything on it until i came up with solutions.

Thanks.

junplugged said:
t
My Reaper trial ran out before i could use it.

Uhhhh.... REAPER does not 'run out'.

The demo runs forever but gives you a 6-second nag screen at start up.

You can continue using it FREE.

(worth the $40 shareware fee tho...)

holy s. it worked. i just dragged and dropped in my Audacity edited wave files onto a track in Reaper. done.

thanks for the heads up, i been using so many demos and trials, didn't even realize i could still use Reaper.

maybe only 2 or 3 more editors to try, but this is looking good.

double holy s. I just split up my wave transients and dragged them and snapped them into place where i want, then adjusted also, and changed the tempo and rendered the wave at the new tempo. Looks like Reaper is doing it all for me, and looped easy and wheel on mouse for stretch and shift and scale the display all over with shift/alt/ctrl

NICE.

Back