At Last it has been done...

e unum pluribus

so i did the albumn, burned a few for some friends and this is what i have come up with,

ill be back home soon so when i get there i can get a few of the hard copies out to anyone interested... i ended up doing a full concept albumn, and the booklet is like a play script a bit... so... here are the first 3 and the last song off the albumn

http://www.funender.com/music/bands/13957/music.php

Devandra's Breakfast:
Nice recording.
I'd like to hear how the narrative noises fit the tracks together.
Mad Mathematician:
On some of the bigger dynamic leaps of voice the reverb gets icky.
Again nice recording & mix. Only the 'verb that's an issue for me.

oh yeah..

yeah the vocals are a bit "effected" on mad mathmetician... but i ve already packed up the gear when i realized and i was like ... whatever.. lol (i need a producer type to kick my ass) thanks for the comments dude...!

personally clever world is prolly my fav...

quick I need help!

one of my friends that i really respect, just said that i sound like the vocals are off key with the whole song on clever world... :confused: :confused: :eek:

Nah,
they're either having a lend of you or are being very criticruel. There are a few pitchy moments but singing through a note isn't the same as missing it entirely.
Hey, & if my ears are cloth, & they may well be, your vocal sounds BLOODY GREAT in the context of that song.
Listen to Tom Verlain on Television's Marquee Moon. He's pitchy & sings through notes but his delivery is OH SO RIGHT for the song, the drama, the emotion & THE SOUND.
Time for bed for me now (11.48pm Tuesday).

whew! thanks rayc

yeah, i got a total problem with locking notes in... but if it works for some.. maybe i can figure out how to right around it... :D

Clever World...nice guitar sound. It's pretty clean and natural. Vocals are really nice...lots of emotion. Nicely done as far as i am concerned....

Devendras Breakfast...I remember this one...nice job. I like the sounds you got. Sort of haunting, but not in a scary way...just has that vibe....

Mad...Very interesting beginning...cool. Nice sounds again. I like the effect on the vocal for a bit, but would like to hear them dry out some, eventually. It's not horrible, but the vocals are good...let them shine through some more.

Success....Nice vocals again. What's your recording chain, and how are they processed/mixed? Nice job man...

Clever World - excellent song, the vocal melody/performance is very well suited to this style of acoustic music. Since you asked....there are a few spots that are not perfect so I leave that to you to decide whether to record it over and try for a more exacting result. I usually ignore the odd pitch issue focusing more on the overall vibe of the song....and I reiterate the vibe on this one is excellent.....

:) :D :) :D

thanks guys!

dogman, the recording chain for all is SM57 then Tascam us122 then averatec...

but for clever world its SM57 then Tascam MKII then sent to the computer with the Tascam us122...

then i threw a little ozone 3 plugin on it to make it sound, sparklier and louder...

Probably the most amatur/simple recording chain here...

when i get home i do have some other things but all are crap so i need a big upgrade in my gear...

RayC i posted the Script of how the CD should work, if you click the home button on the website... if performed with the players... although i cant fit all the songs on the website...(at least not for free!)LOL

e unum pluribus,
Thanks for that. Quite a bit to take in but it's more of a complete picture for me now.
Ambitious work & you seem to have pulled it off from the shards I've seen & heard.
This'll ruin my rep. but I used to co write "musicals" with a friend (I did libretto, set design & lyrics, Kevin did the music, orchestration & directing. Would you believe we did a feminist comedic take on Robin Hood called Rob'n'Marion that was performed just as Men In Tights came out? - timing, as a bassist & in all other things has been my Achilles' heel) so I like to know how the pieces fit.
I like the way the graphics are integrated as well. Whole package.
If it's all done let me know when it's all available.

Libretto and Score

Hi Ray.

I was in the first performance of Rob'n'Marion at Bonnyrigg High School in 1996 - I played King Richard. Do you have a copy of the libretto and score. I'm a teacher now and I'm sure my school would love to perform this.

I was sad to hear of Kevin's passing. I was working overseas at the time and was unable to attend the funeral.

Steve

Hi Ray.

I was in the first performance of Rob'n'Marion at Bonnyrigg High School in 1996 - I played King Richard. Do you have a copy of the libretto and score. I'm a teacher now and I'm sure my school would love to perform this.

I was sad to hear of Kevin's passing. I was working overseas at the time and was unable to attend the funeral.

Steve

This thread is about 4 years old, so I'm not sure Ray will see your post--but he is still active on the board. Click on his name in the header, and select "Send a private message to..." from the menu that drops down. (If you haven't already heard from him.)

Good luck!

Back