Asking for a friend who is just starting and my own future use.

Dravik

So a friend of mine has started streaming herself singing self-composed songs. She is using a bluetooth speaker (Oontz Angle 3)for back-tracks while she sings. She is also only using her laptop's built in mic. This quality results in her voice overpowering the backtrack a bit too much, and her mic winds up sounding staticy as built in mics do. would a bigger speaker with a higher decibel range coupled with a relatively cheaper condenser mic be sufficient for making her streams work better? If not, what would you recommend?

Not sure if this will be better or not, but Dolby just released a "Dolby On" App on iOS/Android *FREE that is supposed to make streaming live performances sound better and be easier. So your friend would be using her phone instead of her laptop (which probably has a better microphone anyhow) if she wanted to see if that makes it better. Otherwise getting a cheap audio interface (Behringer Uphoria 202HD? springs to mind) and a cheap condenser mic would be way better than her laptop mic. I'd suggest using headphones though instead of backup music from a speaker and just mixing the music in with the recorded vocals from the microphone in the box. Hope this helps. Let us know how it works out!

Back