Art Tube MP Project Series w/USB trouble

Chris_Needham

Thought this might be a good place to seek some help!
I recently purchased Sonar Home Studio 7 along with the Art Tube MP Project Series w/USB audio interface. I must have looked through every forum on the web and emailed Cakewalk several times and still cannot get the system working! I have downloaded the ASIO drivers and set up Home Studio as recommended on Cakewalk's website but still no luck! The only way I can get any sound out is when I crank the gain and output on the preamp completely full with the EXTRA 20dB's of gain button added! Even then obviously the sound is just a distorted blur whatever input signal I use and for some reason only comes out of my left headphone? Has anyone else had any experience with this interface or any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

I actually just acquired one of those preamps in a mic purchase I made a couple of weeks ago... I haven't played with it too much, just tested to see if it passed signal and put it in my portable rig gear... I don't remember it giving me any problems tho... You do know that the ART is only a preamp and not an audio interface/soundcard right?

Can you tell us more about your setup? How you're connecting the ART to your system? Windows version? RAM amount? Soundcard?

Yeah their famous one the Tube MP is just a preamp, but they also do a Tube MP Project Series w/USB which is essentially the same thing but it's an audio interface as well.

Nope... That's just a preamp also... They call it an 'interface' in that it will accept a signal and pass it to a mixer (via the mono output) or your computer (via the usb) but it is not a sound card for your computer to pass audio back out to monitors or headphones.

:)

Nope... That's just a preamp also... They call it an 'interface' in that it will accept a signal and pass it to a mixer (via the mono output) or your computer (via the usb) but it is not a sound card for your computer to pass audio back out to monitors or headphones.

:)

Well that's definitely how they advertise it, to be used with a DAW as a digital audio interface. When connected via USB a signal can be heard back out through the output of the Tube MP when headphones are connected. But in MME mode the latency is ridiculous and so much background noise it's unuseable. In ASIO mode signal can only be heard when the gain is at absolute max, as I mentioned before the signal is then obviously distorted and for some reason only comes out of the left headphone?!

*cough* garbage *cough*

Sell it on ebay and buy something else.

Dude, there are so many low cost interfaces out there that DO work, and work pretty good, I just cant see it with this thing...

Back