ARRRR! Pirate jam enclosed

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
Hey mates,
this is the last song with my old gear. It's a jam that has a few reocurring themes, all originally written on piano and improvised on guitar... I'm not sure how it turned out so I thought I'd post it to see what others thought. Any feedback is greatly appreciated :) :) ARRR! LOOK out for lots O electric WAH WAH :D

first mixdown
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4112056&q=hi

Will have some pirate chants later on once I get my mic working again :D

Last edited:
Sweet man....give me some words to ARRGGHH over...... :D

Love the tune. It fits well with what you've done before. Surf pirate music....

AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! MATIE....AAAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!! :p

Dogman said:
Sweet man....give me some words to ARRGGHH over...... :D

Love the tune. It fits well with what you've done before. Surf pirate music....

AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! MATIE....AAAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!! :p

Thanks dawg! yeah my mic is down so words coming soon :cool: Anyway, thanks, yeah I wasn't sure about this tune... I've written a few "pirate" tunes and kinda tried to combine them into one "pirate jam" so I wasn't sure if it was too all over the place. But cool you liked it, I had fun playin around with it :D

oh yeah, and for the record, I accidently stole a riff from one of my own songs, it's the main riff from "the 80s funk action story" @ 1:46 :rolleyes: oh well

Cheers dawg

cellardweller said:
WHAT THE!

Was that a....

Was that a....

Nope. never mind.
No 20 ft. roaches, just another coold song!

Cellar Dweller, thanks man! Just for you, I will BE SURE to meantion the 20 ft. roach in my next song ;) :D

Who is playing the drums? I like the beat of all your songs Snakedoggy.

The wahs kick ass too!

The change in tempo is good too.

Around 2:31, I like the little thing ya do with the distorted wah axe!

Little jet plane at about 3:45....cool

At about 4:23 you start a lick, that I would have loved to hear carried out Snake!!

Fun song!! Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!! :D :cool:

Hey thanks shark girl, we pirates are mighty accustomed to sharks, but will still stay away from them and their SHEDS :D their teeth are sharp

true-eurt said:
Who is playing the drums? I like the beat of all your songs Snakedoggy.

Almost all of my tracks are put together with Simon Phillips' real drum loops. I used to try and find a good drum sound, but I bought his classic rock pack and have been mixing and matching ever since, fun stuff :) This is one of my favorite drum trax I've put together...

true-eurt said:
The wahs kick ass too!

The change in tempo is good too.

Around 2:31, I like the little thing ya do with the distorted wah axe!

Little jet plane at about 3:45....cool

Thanks, even pirates are addicted to wah wah guitars :D and even though they weren't invented yet... we knew about jet planes

true-eurt said:
At about 4:23 you start a lick, that I would have loved to hear carried out Snake!!

Fun song!! Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!! :D :cool:

Arrrrr Shark girl! Thanks, yeah I tried to jam around with riffs from a few earlier pirate songs I wrote, so little bits and pieces show up... maybe later on I'll post a few of those older tracks in this tread too.
Peace, and happy swimmin and bittin' (as long as it's not me) :cool:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh were`s my gnoggins :D

Ay be Pirate Jam.

Another weightless Jam in space, wooooooooo I see Jupiter :D

Nice recording snake, cool playing.
I see you went a little accoustic in the start :cool:

Loved the pirate intro.

Nice vintage feel to this, loads of floating effects, Its your tune allright.

Its cool to see that you still have your unique sound, kep at it.

Nice job man... :)

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey mates,
this is the last song with my old gear. It's a jam that has a few reocurring themes, all originally written on piano and improvised on guitar... I'm not sure how it turned out so I thought I'd post it to see what others thought. Any feedback is greatly appreciated :) :) ARRR! LOOK out for lots O electric WAH WAH :D

first mixdown
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4112056&q=hi

Will have some pirate chants later on once I get my mic working again :D

I have packed up my Wah Wah pedal, put on my Hawiian shirt, fed the dog, skinned the snake and have moved to that planet called Hawaii with all the space pirates who drink rum and eat 20 ft cockroaches.

Aaarrrggghhhhh!!! :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey man...diggin that groovy wah wah!!You got it goin' on on this jam.I got this strange desire to yell out yo ho ho and find me a bottle of rum...or was that a barrel of rum? Remember...dead men tell no tales ;) .

Nice work Snake!!

Thanks mateys!
AAARR! Send thee wah wah booty to the plank!
Actually, no kidding, I'm happy the mix turned out alright because the Cap'n (Captain Morgan Rum) had me pretty good last night :D :D It was interesting hearing it again this morning...
Maybe I'll have to do a pirate song with vox so we can all let our pirate out... so far we have Captain Axeman and Ibanks aboard with their feared pet snake, dog, and kangaroo. Meanwhile the evil shark waits below the plank and the dweller in the ship cellar :eek: all ready to go into combat against the legendary evil fleet of Naks, nicknamed The Nak-Attack :cool:
Anyway, yo ho ho thanks a lot for the listens Gorts, Axeman, Ibanks, and Nak! ARRRR!!!!!

That's one ugly Pirate you got there on your profile. I always love your shit. Your changes always catch me by surprise. You're a little twisted, I like it!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the drums, especialy in the slower part, sound awesome. Is that John Bonham, or still Simon?

Pirates...well I guess I have to wait for the vocals.

I am thinking Austin Powers here. :D

May be it could be Austin Powers takes on Capt. Evil? :eek:

Keep up the good work, carry on mate.

S-Dawg man, this is pretty cool.

Hey around 1:34 the guitar tone is real nice. And around 2:48, the mood is set nicely. Nice chords, and nice melody build up. Sounds really cool.

It really is a jam with a million different ideas expressed in one theme. And yarrrgh that'd be the pieeerate theeeme.

RAMI, ARRRR! I tried to seize a rough modern pirate looking dude for my pirate themed avatar. Thanks man, glad you enjoy my jams. I can't wait to get my new gear with synth/trumpet/harmonica and all set up.. should get extra twisted around here.
Oh yeah, and that's Simon on that one... my next track "Pyscho Llamas in Space on Acid" will be Bonzo again :D Therefore you, Simon, and Bonzo can be the sword crew onboard since you have good aim with your sticks ;)

Fishmed, ARRR! I like that, austin powers at sea :D That'll be my job on the ship, flexing the mojo on the sea babes. You are Fish med, so you'll be busy taking care of all the fish True bites. Someone needs to calm her down. Thanks for the listen :)

BigBubba, ARRRR! For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind for your role on the ship is the giant octopus the crew will encounter and later have on board as a pet. But don't worry, you have mojo too. Anyway, thanks man, I'll definitely have to work out a new vocal pirate song with all these ideas.

Thanks again mates! Back to sea babes :D

true-eurt said:
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Nice!!! Not only is she equipped, but I hear she's taking advanced spanking lessons. Beware though... if u cause troubles with the crew and Rami will stab you with his stick ;) :eek:

just for fun......

ARRRRggh matey's... now that we have a full crew ready to move in on the large purple octopus blocking Gorty's golden kangaroo... I said I'd post one of the older pirate tracks...

so if you're bored onboard and looking for a low quality recording...

Here is "The Tale of Captain James Walrus" from 1999 performed by "Tha Walri" (see cover art below) I'm G-Dawg 7 on there.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadsong.cfm?id=4122981

haha, sounds real poppy when I listen back :D

Attachments

• walri.jpg
    walri.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back