Are these keyboard / synth leads?

sculpin

I have attached a piece of music and I'm pretty sure the lead includes multiple keyboard effects, but does anyone know what type might they be? I am trying get something close to that sound. Thanks for any help!

View attachment 001.mp3

It's a keyboard for sure. I think you could get pretty close to that if you take a cheesy electric piano (percussive, bordering on clav) type sound, like from a DX7, and gave it a little overdrive and some chorus. It's like the guitar sound from Heaven by the Cure applied to a keyboard.

It's a keyboard for sure. I think you could get pretty close to that if you take a cheesy electric piano (percussive, bordering on clav) type sound, like from a DX7, and gave it a little overdrive and some chorus. It's like the guitar sound from Heaven by the Cure applied to a keyboard.

Depending on your hardware/software, you could probably just sample them and use them that way. Or if you have a tone generator try and build it that way.

Are you saying that the intro lead is the same effect as the outro but just overdriven? To me, it almost sounds like some type of chorused bell, but I could be wrong.

Back