Are Sonar Audio wavs Time Stamped?

Nate74

HR4FREBR
I'm wondering if the audio files that Sonar creates are time stamped broadcast wavs by default? They don't seem to import at their correct time, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Any guidance would be much appriciated.

Thanks!

I think it's just a physical file that you will need to line up as required. 10 files from the same Sonar project should line up with themselves. There's no time "markers" as such. "Markers" do exist in Sonar but are are saved in the project file which is not a wave file.

Thanks for the insight. It certainly appears to be the case. I've had my buddy give me .wav files out of Protools and they seem to have time stamps and drop into a project at the correct location(s); I was hoping SONAR could do the same thing. I'd like to take the raw files into a brand new mix template, without having to export the 20 or so tracks from each song into new .wav files.

I guess I'll lock myself away a few hours and export some tracks...

Thanks again.

Look in preferences and see if there is a setting for that. Nuendo/cubase uses broadcast wavs, but you have to tell it to. I assumed all the major DAW's did.

The default output wave is RIFF in Sonar, but I always change that to BROADCAST when exporting.

I was talking about the file type that Sonar uses when you record a track, not when you export one.

Back