Archiving Finished Projects

Greg! Dood! That's awesome. Have you ever heard of Memeo Autosync? Been using it for 3 years with no glitches (well, one when the system randomly re-assigned drive letters...). You just point it to your project folder and it slowly, in the background keeps all those files backed up on an external drive (or wherever you want them).

I stem everything down and back them up onto blank blu-ray disks, but usually don't keep the original individual tracks, usually the only reason I re-mix old material is because I don't like the reverb on it. I have some ridiculous HHB gold CD-R disks that I am planning on using for the final version of my album as an archive disk, I'm not even sure if they are made anymore. I also have an old external hard disk as an extra safety measure for one more backup lol probably OCD but it works.

Greg! Dood! That's awesome. Have you ever heard of Memeo Autosync? Been using it for 3 years with no glitches (well, one when the system randomly re-assigned drive letters...). You just point it to your project folder and it slowly, in the background keeps all those files backed up on an external drive (or wherever you want them).

Sounds like something I could use for sure. I feel like I am constantly performing manual back ups and keeping track of everything across three drives is brutal.

I'm looking online and see some scary user reviews: Memeo AutoSync - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

You said you've never had a problem with it?

AND I've never downloaded ANYTHING from CNET...It's not free. I think I paid $50 for it. Stuff you get from CNET is bloated with junk and malware, so beware if that's the path you choose. The real free download (trial) is here. Like I said, the only problem I've ever had with it is when my computer randomly reassigned drive letters. It couldn't sync because the drive letters were wrong, but also didn't notify me. Don't know how long it went on, but once I corrected it, it did it's thing for a couple hours and was right back on track.
Okay, what I like. It's very small footprint (20.5k when running): If you shut down in the middle of a sync, it just picks back up the next time you run: If you want the same directory backed up to two different locations you just set up two syncs for the same directory going to two different places. It's easy: When recording I just hit the Pause All Syncs button, and then restore when I'm done. I have the feeling if people give it bad reviews, it's due to their inadequacies and not the program's. :D

Back