Anything Jumping Out at Anyone?

Robertt8

Hey guys!

I've got this new (hip-hoppy...sort of…sort of not) tune that I'd love to get some ears on. I think we’re done screwing with it, but I wanted to run it through here to see if anyone is hearing anything wrong.

My listening options are limited, so I figured a few more ears could help spot any problems.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Tait

Attachments

• so_girl.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
sounds pretty darn good to me. I suppose the one thing I kept coming back to was that intro. I think I wanted a little more "uplift" or pump after those first 4 bars when the track kicks full in with the cymbal hit and rhythm instruments. It almost felt as if the intensity stayed the same even though things were supposed to pick up. Really nitpicking though. Great tune and performances. The vocals are mixed extremely well. Really enjoyed this track

Sounds really good. Nice use of space.

This sounds really great. Everything balanced, full sound and the use of stereo is perfect on my system.

Just really nice, that is all I have.

Great mix. nice vibe. One and only nit would be the hihat. very robotic and loud. Bring it down a bit.

Otherwise, good to go.

The use of space is what stood out to me, too. Great job. I'm struggling with that as the final piece in my own mixes, so I always appreciate it when done well.
The song is actually really catchy, the lyrics well-crafted and at times sophisticated, composition has nice twists in it, etc. It's well above 95% of the work on this forum, so get out there and give it to the public. I'm kind of surprised and sad that only 6 people commented given how good the work is.

The use of space is what stood out to me, too. Great job. I'm struggling with that as the final piece in my own mixes, so I always appreciate it when done well.
The song is actually really catchy, the lyrics well-crafted and at times sophisticated, composition has nice twists in it, etc. It's well above 95% of the work on this forum, so get out there and give it to the public. I'm kind of surprised and sad that only 6 people commented given how good the work is.

Hey Nola!

Thanks for the kind words and the listen.

I always welcome any responses, but I did ask if anything was "jumping out at anyone". I guess if nothing is popping out to annoy anyone, then there might not be a reason to respond, but thanks for spending a little time on this.

Back