Anyone know this mic....Sennheiser MKE 4032

Mikey77

There's not a lot out there about this one so.... Anyone had any experience with it?

It seems it might be a discontinued predecessor to the E965 except that it also runs on battery.

Also got a pad and HPF.

Attachments

• rtyhr.JPG
    rtyhr.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 337
Yes, I have one. :thumbs up:

Firstly - it's nothing like the e965 and should not be compared in any way.

The MKE 4032 uses a pre-polarised back-electret capsule and the e965 uses a true powered AF condenser capsule.

The 4032 is a great little condenser vocal mic. and used the same capsule as the Sennheiser top-end radiomics of the time did and they were extremely popular. :thumbs up:

Yes, I have one. :thumbs up:

Firstly - it's nothing like the e965 and should not be compared in any way.

The MKE 4032 uses a pre-polarised back-electret capsule and the e965 uses a true powered AF condenser capsule.

The 4032 is a great little condenser vocal mic. and used the same capsule as the Sennheiser top-end radiomics of the time did and they were extremely popular. :thumbs up:

Thanks John.... What do you use yours for.... live vocals?

What do you mean when you say "radio mics" Do you mean studio, spoken word mics?

Also what era are we talking about.... how long have they been around ?

I see there are a couple of newish ones for sale out there for about $500.

How does it compare to say, the Neumann 105?

Thanks John.... What do you use yours for.... live vocals?
Actually, I hardly use mine at all - it's a great speech and vocal mic. and I have only recorded instrumental stuff recently.

What do you mean when you say "radio mics" Do you mean studio, spoken word mics?
It was the capsule in Sennheiser's top-end radimic systems that were used for the Eurovision Song Contest and the like. It was the top radiomic. for a wide variety of applications and certainly for lead vocals.

Also what era are we talking about.... how long have they been around ?
30+ years I would say - the capsule is older than the mic. The capsule was certainly around in the 1980s.

How does it compare to say, the Neumann 105?
The Neumann is a true AF condenser, this is a back-electret.

I would say the Neumann is better.

Actually, I hardly use mine at all - it's a great speech and vocal mic. and I have only recorded instrumental stuff recently.

Thanks John....I've just picked one up, but I haven't had a chance to give it a test run so your erudite response is appreciated.

For instrumental usage, is it quiet enough for acoustic guitar, violin etc.?

Last edited:
Thanks John....I've just picked one up, but I haven't had a chance to give it a test run so your erudite response is appreciated.

For instrumental usage, is it quiet enough for acoustic guitar, violin etc.?

It wouldn't be my first choice for this use, but it should do a reasonable job.

What's more important is - do you lake the results?

Back