Any ways to force Live use RAM for frozen tracks?

Nofolobricity

I have slow disk (WD Purple 3TB) and sometimes have dropouts when many tracks are frozen. I don't want them to be flattened because sometimes I need to tweak plugins and refreeze again. How to force Live to put frozen tracks to RAM by default?
P.S. I have 64gb RAM

I don't know Live but Samplitude gives the option of recording to HDD* or RAM but that is 'global' EVERYTHING goes to one or the other. I would think most DAWs give you that option?

* It actually defaults to the largest HDD but gives the option to change that to another. If your DAW has that option (and you are using a desktop machine?) You could fit an SSD just for audio files? 500G is not that expensive now.

Dave.

I don't know Live but Samplitude gives the option of recording to HDD* or RAM but that is 'global' EVERYTHING goes to one or the other. I would think most DAWs give you that option?

* It actually defaults to the largest HDD but gives the option to change that to another. If your DAW has that option (and you are using a desktop machine?) You could fit an SSD just for audio files? 500G is not that expensive now.

Dave.
Thank you Dave. I have already SSD. I have recently started using it as a temporary project folder. But it would be cool if such option like 'global RAM using' would be by default. And I agree with you that almost all DAW use RAM by default that is the smartets way as I think. Someone says that Live is for live gigs. But huge amount of producers works with Live as with a regular DAW.

I use a variety of drives on Cubase, including that Wd one, and I’ve never experienced speed issues, are you sure something else on your system, not the DAW is not causing it?

I use a variety of drives on Cubase, including that Wd one, and I’ve never experienced speed issues, are you sure something else on your system, not the DAW is not causing it?
Good point Rob. Maybe run a disk checking program? How old is the drive? Even 5400rpm laptop drives give very few 'speed' issues.

Dave.

Disk is good. I have huge projects. And in the most cases only frozen tracks (that are long) cause problems. Sometimes I just had to loop whole project and play about 10 times to avoid orange disk indicator. I seem to be saying to Ableton 'good boy, this tracks I have to listen without dropout by this procedure' LOL. Also dropouts often are exacerbated by background scaning the whole sample/packs/libraries on my PC (don't know why Live does that - other DAWs don't need it). So now I'm fine with temp project folder on my SSD.

I just can't help for abbleton, but I've never had to worry about this sort of thing in cubase. I routinely have between 20 and 30 tracks coming in from my M32/x32 mixers - recorded to cubase artist on my macbook, then I dump these to cubase pro on my PC and just press play. I routinely do video too - I have no idea if any of my drives are slower than others - it's simply never been something I needed to know.

Back