Any ideas?

BoricuaLunar

hey,

I have a Fostex VF160ex and its working great, the only problem is that to get my tracks to my PC Ive had to burn them from the Fostex to a CD and then save them on my computer. Pretty time consuming. I would like to know if there is a way to do this directly without using a CD. Any info would help.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked out the manual and on page 28 there is a diagram depicting adat digital equipment and a master recorder. Does this mean I need to buy the extra equipment or is there a way to go straight into the computer?

... the only problem is that to get my tracks to my PC ..

First of all specifically what do you want to do, and what do you have now?
'Tracks can mean 8-16 or whatever raw instrument/voice tracks etc, or your mixed stereo songs.
You can mix' (real time play) into a master recorder (like pg 28), or into your pc as the recorder. Or you can mix in the Fostex, save it (I presume) and spit that out into the pc. You'd need light pipe' fiber cable (cheap) a sound card with SPDIF optical (2-channel) to do that.
The same optical connections (and a card that does this feature) can be ADAT =8 ch. at a time.
BTW, I understand if you're just getting up to speed on this stuff but I'm just winging it here.
Read up some more, absorb.. come back. ;)

wow, it seems I have some homework to do!
Tell me if I'm wrong, but if I understand correctly, I can record directly into the computer or spit out the mix from my Fostex using the same light pipe' fiber cables connected to a sound card with SPDIF optical (2-channel) on my computer?

If so, any affordable sound cards you recomend?

P.S Im using Adobe Audition 3.0 to edit everything.

Back