Anthropocene - new tune by SavantSyndrome

I have no idea what all that impolse stuff is but personally I use an overall reverb in an effort to create a 'space' that the entire 'band' is playing in and then simply put enough reverb send from each channel to make them all sound like they're in that space.
Using different reverbs on different tracks seems more like using 'verb as an effect rather than as a coherent space that everyone's in.

A reverb impulse is simply a reverb algorithm that is generated from an actual space, such as a church, subterranean cavern, stairwell etc. There are hundreds of these impulses available for free and they can sound really, really good.

A reverb impulse is simply a reverb algorithm that is generated from an actual space, such as a church, subterranean cavern, stairwell etc. There are hundreds of these impulses available for free and they can sound really, really good.
well, then what I'm saying is that personally ..... (PERSONALLY ..... not saying anything about how anyone else does it ) ... but personally I'd use the same impulse for everyone .... I wouldn't use 2 on one instrument and something different on another unless I was going for an effect.

well, then what I'm saying is that personally ..... (PERSONALLY ..... not saying anything about how anyone else does it ) ... but personally I'd use the same impulse for everyone .... I wouldn't use 2 on one instrument and something different on another unless I was going for an effect.

I completely agree - it all needs to come from the same space unless one instrument needs a special effect.

I completely agree - it all needs to come from the same space unless one instrument needs a special effect.

Bubba, I've started another thread on impulses as its something I want to learn more about but don't want to spam you Anthropocene mix thread.

Really enjoyed this. The sax is great, don't get to hear those too often. Sounds like I'm in a nightclub at twin peaks. Don't have any notes. . .

I really like the atmosphere and the saxophone gives a really special touch and sound,great performance from the vocalist , it's not an easy song to sing , the overall arrangement is excellent and gives a nice vibe and groove. I don't know why but I picture this song as a soundtrack for a Lynch style movie, I just love it :)

Back