Another song with lyrics

rob aylestone

I figured I'd try another guitar song - but one with busy lyrics. verse, chorus and a bridge. It's catchy but while I like the chorus, the verse is a bit murky and low I think.

Not mixed or even tweaked balance wise - so just the song format

Attachments

• so special rough mix - - Output - Stereo Out.mp3
    6.7 MB
All the instruments sound great. The vocal seems muddy compared to them or not in the same ballpark. I guess that's a scratch vocal or whatever you call it. Anyway, I'm very impressed with the backing. No probs with the vocal itself...just sounds not gelled with backing. I'd love to be able to mix instruments like this. Natural sounding, clear, nice. Just fantastic. Drums sound simple and great.

Ta! I think the song will be ok, but I will struggle with my voice on this one. I’ve played guitars for years but it’s taken me this long to realise that you don’t always need to play chords. I’ll keep fiddling. I tried the melody on an instrument, but that didn’t help much, the voice sort of helped the other tracks grow, but it’s reached the. End of its usefulness now I think. The difference between being able to sing and being a singer hehe.

Ta! I think the song will be ok, but I will struggle with my voice on this one. I’ve played guitars for years but it’s taken me this long to realise that you don’t always need to play chords. I’ll keep fiddling. I tried the melody on an instrument, but that didn’t help much, the voice sort of helped the other tracks grow, but it’s reached the. End of its usefulness now I think. The difference between being able to sing and being a singer hehe.
Man, I don't know what you're doing or not doing but you're doing good. You take away a little low mid from that vocal and seat it in with the track and you're there. The instruments and mix of them is real nice I reckon.

Back