Another old, dazed and confused?

Fae11

Hi guys, total newbie here. This will likely sound bizarre. I am a singer/songwriter, keyboard player and I used to use Cubase very effectively many years ago when in a band. When I say many years ago, I am talking Atari and 2 floppy disks hooked up to a Korg X5 and a Tascam 4 track!! This allowed me to record 16 tracks in Cubase using 16 separate voices/patches in my Korg all playing back at the same time and hearing all tracks. I stopped doing music for years, then recently bought a new Korg, a Kross, a UR242 interface and Cubase le 9.5. I have only been able to record one track but when I add a track and try to record the second, it will not record. I can use all the VST instruments to record tracks no problem, using the Kross as a controller but I don't want virtual instruments, i want to use the Kross's own patches to record multiple tracks. Does anyone have any help as to how to achieve this? Also in the drop down list of keyboards in the relevant add instrument list
in Cubase , the Korg Kross is not listed. Any pointers or help appreciated.

I don't know how Cubase works, nor what limitations Cbase LE has, so I can't help much there. Do you have to configure the second track to recognize a mid input?

If you have been recording the midi and have recordedx one track ok, that means Cubase has recognized the input. However, if you are recording via midi cables connected to the UR242, then that's what Cubase will see (and will show), not the Korg itself. If you were recording from the Korg via USB, then it would show as a midi device.

... I used to use Cubase very effectively many years ago when in a band. When I say many years ago, I am talking Atari and 2 floppy disks...

HA! :D

I still have my old Atari (actually a couple of them), the monitor, the Cubase floppy discs, me Steinberg MIDI box...:p ...though it's all been sitting in storage for quit a lot of years.

I don't use any of the current Cubase stuff these days, so not really familiar with the menus and setting options it has...but like gecko said...I think your problem is all about assigning/routing the Korg to appropriate tracks in Cubase, and also enabling the correct audio inputs in each Cubase track.
There may be a global setting that changes your audio I/O options.

The question, also like gecko said...is what are you actually recording from the Korg when you say "the patches"....?
Are you playing each patch individually and wanting to record the audio output from the Korg, to the interface, into Cubase...?...or are you trying to record multiple patches all at once from the Korg to Cubase...?

Please describe a bit more what you are trying to do and what you have physically connected from Korg to interface...cables and number of outputs...etc...?

I know nothing really but a swift look at the Kross tell me you might need to record ITS internal sounds directly into the AI's line inputs?
If you connect the Kross via USB Cubase might then see the keyboard's Sound Module?

Dave.

Back