Another new drum recording

mrhotapples

this is a song my band just wrote...There's only a scratch guitar, but I'd like some opinions on how the drums sound. They weren't performed especially well, our drummer has terrible nerves and he hates recording unless we're playing with him, but this is what we've got.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12756

I'll post the final mix when we track all the other stuff too.

I can foresee some people telling you the snare rings too much, but I love it!!!!

Kik sounds pretty good, too, as do the toms. It seems like it's leaning to the left alittle, but keep in mind I'm in the middle of moving and my speakers aren't really where they should be. One thing I noticed is that the cymbals might be a little harsh, almost as if they're close to distorting. Other than that, overall sounds good to me.

Thanks for listening RAMI. The cymbals are the slightest bit distorted. I'm hoping it will sound much better in context. The guitars are all going to be slightly distorted and very chunky, it should sound good but could sound shit too!

This was done with a 10x5 piccolo, I dunno what else to expect, heh.

I agree with most of Rami's post, except for the snare. I hate it. I could deal with some of that ring if the player could hit it a little more consistently. Having it sometimes ring loudly and sometimes not sounds sloppy. The kick sounds fine like this, but it may get lost once the other instruments are piled on. It's probably gonna need more attack. Toms sound fantastic. The cymbal harshness is tolerable, and will probably work with big guitars around them. The kit sounds like it was tracked pretty well.

Back