Another Attack On The Past----------AMERICAN WOMAN

BCF1

Like the recent "Green Eyed Lady" recording I did this is Not intended to be like the original but also not really different. Just my interpretation of these songs. Both released in 1970 "Anerican Woman" from the "The Guess Who" has been covered by many a band and I also received inspiration from the version of this song as recorded by "KROKUS" in 1982.

Vocal is kinda Gnarley but hopefully will relay the intended feel and not be distraction just drip with attitude

https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/25449656-american-woman

Any And All Commwnts And Critque Welcomed

Thanks

Krokus - haven't heard that name for a while :)

My only suggestion arrangement-wise:
The ending lead (the bendy part like the original) is a bit stiff. It's not bad, but I think you can do better (make it talk if you know what I mean). Your choice...

Intro - there's a nice harmony in the rhythm (tasty). I would up the lead guitar just a hair if it were me.
Rhythm is great - tone and layering.
Vocals - sibilance? or cymbals are a bit hissy and are adding a synthetic sibilance.
People are going to say lack of bass but for me this style doesn't need any more than you have.

Another excellent remake - it really beefs it up. I'm not a metal listener (except here) but this seems to me to be quite an original and authentic metalish version. And like Green-Eyed Lady it stays close to the original but puts your slant on it nicely. Hard to pick which of the two tunes I like better as they are both excellent! :D

I will be the one to say lack of bass. I agree with ido, rhythm section sounds good and could be brought up a hair. The sibilance in the vocals are there, could be tamed, but not awful for the style.

I think adding bass would give it some punch. Not EDM bass, but a bit more would put some drive into it. I think the musical part sounds good, can't say I am a fan of the vocals, but that is a personal taste for sure. I do like you giving it your own spin.

Back