"Annabel Lee" - Celtic folk

Very sweet! Love her voice. Nice strings in this. Very lovely arrangement. Is the banjo too far to the right in the mix?
~Bob

Very sweet! Love her voice. Nice strings in this. Very lovely arrangement. Is the banjo too far to the right in the mix?
~Bob
Thanks!
Well, it can't get any further right, that's for sure, since it's all the way over there. 😉

I figured it might help to balance out the guitar, which is hard left.

Excellent! Another winner and radio-ready! The chord changes keep the song interesting, and of course the vocals are fabulous. Well done!
Joseph

Song #4 from the wife's album.

Thanks for any comments!

As before, her vocal disappears sometimes - check the 2.53 mark, for instance, or 3.01 or 3.08 - and that's just the section I'm listening to now. The problem is smaller when she's singing acapella, but as soon as the accompaniment comes in, it drowns her quiet note tails. It happens again and again. Are you shy of her vocal being clearly heard?

I really like that! Great song, great recording. The panning actually works for me - listened on the MacBook first and it works really well on that - sounds big.

As before, her vocal disappears sometimes - check the 2.53 mark, for instance, or 3.01 or 3.08 - and that's just the section I'm listening to now. The problem is smaller when she's singing acapella, but as soon as the accompaniment comes in, it drowns her quiet note tails. It happens again and again. Are you shy of her vocal being clearly heard?
Thanks for the tip. What's funny is that I had your same comment on the previous song in mind when I mixed this song, and so I made sure to make sure all her words could be heard. Still not enough, though, huh?

Back