Ampex, 3M, RMGI 1/2" 2500' Recording Tapes on Reels

steveneudaly

Greetings folks. Been doing some housecleaning and decided to finally do something with this box of tape that's been sitting in my studio for a couple years. I sold my TSR-8 a while back, so have no use for it.

Let me start by saying I bought most of this tape used, and it has all been previously recorded on (except the RMGI). Also, most of this tape was produced in a period known to exhibit sticky shed syndrome. I don't want to cause anyone any problems, but feel in the right hands this tape could be useful for those experienced in tape baking, or if nothing else, something to experiment with. However, some of these reels are free from SSS issues. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Here's what I have, all 1/2" tape, all on 10" reels.

-4 reels of Ampex 456 all produced from '87-'89, a known SSS period
-1 reel of 3M 226, unsure of manufacture date, but known for SSS
-1 reel of 3M 250, unsure of manufacture date, but known for SSS
-3 reels of 3M 996, unsure of manufacture date, may be safe from SSS, any insight is appreciated
-1 reel of Quantegy 456, manufactured in 2000, definitely safe from SSS
-1 empty Scotch 226 reel
-1 new reel of RMGI 911, purchased from NTS Promedia in 2011

So that's what I've got. If anyone can me use of any of this in any way, please PM me whatever you feel it is worth. I'm centrally located in Springfield, MO, so shipping to anywhere in the US shouldn't bee to bad.

Thanks for looking!

Quantegy 456 and empty Scotch 226 reel are SOLD.

The following is still available:
-1 new reel of RMGI 911, purchased from NTS Promedia in 2011 =$80 shipped to continental US
-4 reels of Ampex 456 all produced from '87-'89, a known SSS period =make offer
-1 reel of 3M 226, unsure of manufacture date, but known for SSS =make offer
-1 reel of 3M 250, unsure of manufacture date, but known for SSS =make offer
-3 reels of 3M 996, unsure of manufacture date, may be safe from SSS, any insight is appreciated =makeoffer

Back