Almost Like Being In Love , More Fidalgo Swing

Still seems a little light in the bottom and the vocal is a bit thin to my ear. (Quick listen with cans at my laptop.)

I'd automate that sax thing to the right assuming it's the same mic as the percussionist is using. And, I know it's live, but unless it's going to video, I'd be tempted to see if I could split part of the track out (or did you do that?), then work it entirely separately. Then you could even play with trying to copy/paste some of that percussion in the gap where the sax is. Maybe convince the guy to get a looper or something...

I'd happily sit and drink cocktails and watch this group for hours!

Keith, Thanks for the feed back , agree it could use a bit more beef on the Bass , The vocalist has a really smooth delivery but could prob stand to have a bit more umph Will pan the Sax a bit more to the right and see how that works , it is the same mic as the percussion , actually he uses two mics while playing percussion , dual congas , with a ride cymbal as well ,sometimes he uses brushes on the hand drums . When I did my editing to get ready to mix I separated everything so that I could EQ , Pan and effect each track as needed . As far as copy / pasting percussion into the sax solo part ; the client ( also a really good friend of mine, I was a founding member of this band years ago ) wants it to sound true to a live performance as far as the structure goes , so that isn't an option , I did bring it up when we were planning this project . The CD will have 16 songs on it when done , swing jazz standards as well as gipsy Jazz instrumentals .
It's hard not to just sit back and have cocktails , even when mixing this stuff ! I'm a classic rocker and blues guy a heart but this stuff really gets me going as well

Back